“excellent resort”

Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My daughter and I spend our summer holidays last year and we had an awesome time, the service was excellent, I had the feeling that my needs were met immediately I raised them and that on a personal level. , the staff were very friendly and ready to help. I must say we love to travel and personally leisure lodge was the place we felt most "at home", and most welcome. Whenever we had an issue in the room, we had it solved, say like we needed the bathroom cleaned again, or an air freshener or the safe won't open. Our food was served on time, when my coffee wasn, t hot enough they replaced it with a steaming fresh one. When we left, we wanted something to take home with us, and the manager gave us one of those beautiful big blue eisure lodge umbrellas which I proudly carry around. My husband and I are going there again for our summer holidays and we are so excited. A special thanks to Guys like Jefferson, Dele Austin and Patrick who made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alicia G
Vivian M, Public Relations Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Thank you so much for your review. Your amazing experience as a couple is our core mandate and Leisure team is always at hand to ensure our guests are well taken care of. Your compliments are forever engraved in our hearts and we are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I got a nice room, overlooking the beach.

I was however appalled by the level of service. They had messed about my reservations, and delayed me at check out despite me sorting this earlier. Also, had to order coffee 5 times during one breakfast - there were lots of staff around but they were busy walking around. Hotel also messed up my airport transfer and made me miss my flight.

It was during a conference, so they might have been swamped, but not an excuse for such bad service.

Room Tip: The rooms at Block D have a good view of the ocean, D1 to D10. The balconies face out to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I am so much dissapointed by one of your staff whom i tried contacting about accommodation i believe in hospitality speaking from experience you are not supposed to be rude but one Liz Ayany told me"you are getting into my nerves' no matter how many questions a guest asks you i believe you are supposed to be patient but for her it was a nag n a bother if thats how you respond to clients am so much dissapointed. and if it was my accommodation i would not prefer leisure lodge and cannot advise anyone anyone to stay there but because of circumstances let it be.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Let me list the things you will expect to find here (and this is in the renovated Premier Bahari rooms that are sea-facing):

1. Roaches is room - two days Ina. Row I found dead roaches in my bathroom and in the bedroom area. I assume they had died while I was sleeping from the roach kill under the sinks. They were being eaten by ants by the time I awoke.
2. No net on the beds: in a mosquito prone area like The coast all resorts of any worth have something to shield clients from the mozzies. I had to call in for a net to be put up. When the guy with the net got here he stepp all over my bed with his filthy feet to put up the net.
3. Sleazy staff: was in my room, had requested for matches. My door was not all the way closed. When the staff, a man, finally came, he didn't bother to knock. He just walked in to my horror.
4.indifferent staff: Hass to call two times to get a item I ordered delivered to the room. Plus I had a headache and they didn't have any painkillers in the whole hotel (although they didn't really try to check for me) and told me to walk to the gate and across the street at night to buy painkillers. It'd your problem, not theirs.
5. Dirty water kettle: probably had not been cleaned in weeks. Had water still in it with white powdery substance floating in it. Disgusting! Even if they finally discover the kettle is dirty and wash it, I wouldn't feed the roaches with that water.
6. No turn down service: room was as is every night I came back to room. Had to fit the net myself.
7. No linen or toiletries replacement: they didn't replace my hand towel that I had to use as a floor mat because they hadn't replace my floor mat. Towels really old. No shower cap replacement.
8. Sticky dirty safe: safe face and buttons were DIRTY and sticky. Was so disgusted trying to keep my valuables safe.
9. Rude staff: got a lot if talk back by Judy at the reception. With her the customer is NOT right. She told me that something I was telling her happened to me was an 'allegation'.
10. The place is OOOLD: no meaningful renovations in years. You can stay at the numerous other neighboring hotels that offer 10times better experience at a comparable price.

What's nice about this hotel?
1. Food was good although the staff were very rude about when you could serve food. I came in at 12.34 (official lunch starts at 12.30) and I was chased away even though the food was ready and chefs ready to serve.
2. Pool looked welcoming although I never used it.
But you can find good food and great pools at the other hotels. Stay anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelBuggy2
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived at the hotel to inquire about possibility of holding a wedding in the resort, we are informed to sit and wait as the person responsible was organizing some government conference, 20 minutes later we are still waiting, 30 minutes and we are still told the person will take 10 minutes at which we decided to leave, as we drive out we are stopped at the gate and the gate-man asks to speak to my fiancee, shameless receptionist colludes with a guest and they try to hit on my fiancee, this has got to be the most unprofessional resort i have come across in decades and they should be ashamed. I recommend anyone to the resorts next to them like swahili beach and leopard resort that were courteous and took time to explain the amenities to us.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daniel K
Leisure Lodge R, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Daniel,

We have learnt of your experience with a lot of concern and for sure it must have been frustrating to you. It would have been prudent for to to demand to speak to a senior person because we do not condone such behaviours from our staff members a fact that they all know very well. We give all customer special attention and this is the first time that we here about this kind of behaviour.

You were a potential client who deserved a carpet to be rolled out for. We missed this opportunity but there is always a second chance. The issue abount your fiancee was unfortunate and should have reached the managemnt for action to be taken,

We look forward to be of service to you and correct the short comings.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Attended a conference at the Leisure Lodge Resort in Mombasa at the end of February. It was some 7 years since I stayed at the resort previously but the resort has lost none of its charm and facilities.
The rooms are exceptionally well appointed - very spacious, very comfortable. The location is tremendous - well laid out gardens that lead down to the beautiful white sands of the Indian Ocean.
The choice and range of food at all meals is of the highest standard and there are plenty options as to where to eat with the complex. For those who appreciate sea food, the "Fisherman's Cove" restaurant is a must - excellent local seafood, well prepared, well presented and a good choice of most acceptable wines to accompany it.
All members of staff from General Manager, John Kioko Mutua, down to the newest members are very pleasant, helpful and courteous.
The conference facilities will easily match most of the Scottish facilities - very comfortable with selection of break out rooms and good catering service for breaks.
I can recommend the venue without hesitation. If anyone requires conference facilities in Kenya - this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Well worth looking at the complex layout and selecting rooms that best suit your needs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ramsay M

Dear Ramsay,
Thank you for your very encouraging comments on our facility and service. We are glad that we met your expectations, we are a team that makes sure that we deliver what we promise and where possible exceed the customer expectation.

We also like being told where perhaps we may have gone wrong so as to be able to even improve on our service delivery.

Once again, thank you so very much and looking forward to welcome you again to our sunny side of paradise.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I attended a conference here, and the sheer spread of the hotel facilities, and warmth and attention of the staff, the closeness to nature, and the mindfulness of security, all made me feel comfortable and safe. I must add that the variety of cuisine is fantastic. I would certainly recommend it, and would certainly return with my family for a vacation. My first trip to Mombasa and Kenya; and an excellent reason to go back again.

Room Tip: The ground floor, with your balcony opening out to the poolside and the beach path is ideal.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Leisure Lodge R, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Adegboyega,

Thank you for your comments about the service you received while staying at Leisure Lodge Resort. We made sure that all the participants for your high profile conference were well taken care of. we will endeavour to uphold our standards and even improve where we have not achieved the desired level of service.

We are very delighted that you are already planning to come back for holiday with your. Just let us know when you intend to come so that we prepare for your visit.

Once again thank you very much for your exhilarating comments.