“Nice Place, pleasant experience!”

Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been here during New Year 2013 time. It was a novelty for us to pass into new year on beach, at 25 Celsius! A memorable experience, and the staff worked hard to meet the guest's expectations. At least they tried! Let me tell you the pros and cons of my sejour: check in lasted 45-60 minutes. The room, a standard one, was quite old, it looks like 15 years ago, but clean. I undestood that the premier one is newer and better. I havent seen. It was strange for me but nice and perfect normal there, to see the lizard on the wall in your room!
The resor has a extremely big garden, full of plants and animals like monkeys, lizards, hedgehogs, s.o..I saw a limited no of moschitos but still there are few, take your repellant with you.
Despite we've been 3 persons, in 75% of the cases the table was prepared for 2 people :). it looked almost always a surprise for the staff when I was asking for the 3rd place at the table. except the last day :); but the reaction was always prompt. The food was very good, always and especially for the New year party; a small hint here, they alternated buffet style with a mixed style buffet + a la carte, not alwas clear comunicated. tea was good but the coffe was bellow my expectation.
The beach is amazing; white and fine sand with crabs and a lot of other creatures! During the mornings there were the low water period we walked in the ocean and seen a lot of marine life forms. The access on the beach during the night is limited; there are acesss gates which are locked around 22:00.The staff at the pools or at the beach was friendly and helpfull.
Overall, a positive experience. Enjoy!

Room Tip: ask oassis or premier rooms. I haven't seen them but understood are better, refurbished and wit...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cata_11

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Even if thea beach is beautiful, the hotel is old and no so clean. For everyday task, the staff is ok, but for big tasks, like New Year Eve, they are not too many to accomplish the tasks. They tried to provide better holidays for giving us complete Q & A with the champagne as we want, but it was not successful enough as it looked on the table :))

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A memorable 2012-2013 cross over at this hotel, not easy to forget for one I got engaged at the Leisure lodge beach, but also because of the fantastic service from staff , all the way from the top CEO, Mutua to each level of staff. Check in was very friendly with Peninah at the front desk very helpful.

The room allocated was not in good condition, with some paint flaking off and no bath tub. We complained and were immediately moved to a much better room on the same bahari superior wing but with a better room and both ocean and pool view. The hotel still needs to work on refurbishing all their rooms ( the effort is ongoing I was made to understand). they also need to work on newer towels while at it.

The low efforts on the room is almost fully made up for by the great and friendly service of the staff, right from the waiters, cleaners, gardners to the person allocating beach beds, by name Said. The food is good with a great effort to create variety, as well as change the dinner/lunch venues. The hotel goes to great efforts to create recreational activities for both adults and children all day long, for those who would rather chill out at the beach, beds are right on the beach giving you front row views of the sea, and no beach boys to disturb. Perfect.

The beach at South Coast and in particular the Leisure Lodge stretch is worth a mention. It is one of the best in Kenya, pristine. I would highly Reccomended this hotel.

Room Tip: If looking for sea view, book Bahari premium, and insist on sea facing. I understand they are recent...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Njere
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was here with my family during Christmas 2012. It was also the hotel's 40th anniversary (1972-2012). The place is huge! The service was great and the staff is friendly.. The managers are very friendly. The food was good. Loads of activities to do like aqua aerobics and golf. The room I stayed in had good air conditioning. The beach was a 2 min walk from my room which was at the Bustani side. There weren't many complaints from my family except maintenance issues. The air conditioners and fridges in some of the rooms weren't working and are a bit too old. Nevertheless, it is a great place to spend time with your family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place - Leisure Lodge Hotel - is MASSIVE!
I felt like I was constantly negotiating a massive maze....this is despite the well-marked pathways with very clear signage.
My friends and I visited early December 2012 and the place was rather empty of guests....maybe because we kept to one side of the hotel? We did at least three pools and of course the evening beach walks were just great..definitely a cleaner beach-line than the north coast.
The food was ok, just your typical hotel buffet servings all the way from breakfast to dinner.
The downside: The shower curtains in our rooms were old and dirty. Could the hotel management consider having sliding glass cubicles or sanitize the shower curtains please??
The monkeys were a TOTAL nuisance, we could not have our afternoon tea in peace and in fact they (Monkeys) grabbed (violently) our biscuits and cakes!
One of my friends said she found hair stuck on her pillowcase case yak!
The towels were supposed to be white but they are turning brown!
We got the newer rooms and yet they were not very well cleaned, saw lots of dust on almost all surfaces, even in the bathroom.
Some of the waiters at the poolside looked oppressed (maybe unwell), otherwise why a smug look all the time?
And oh, I almost forgot that there was a huge lizard-like animal near the breakfast place at Bustani, very scary.
The place is too pricey and one could get much better for much cheaper in a place like Watamu.
All in all we enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Insist on the newer refurbished rooms. I heard from friends that the older rooms were not that good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband, my daughter and I stayed at this hotel for Christmas holiday for 8 days in 2011. The booking was well handled from Nairobi and the reception at the hotel on checking in was good. Most of the staff were friendly. The general manager and other managers were very friendly and concerned about the guests. When I had problems with the food, they attended to me very fast. No one can match the zeal and speed with which the GM manages guests! But I wish he extended the same to inspecting the rooms.

This hotel is old and so is the linen - the bedcovers/spreads are faded. The towels need special attention - they have not only faded but are also very dirty - I have not seen such towels even in the poorest deppressed side hair salons! They may be best used for other sanitary functions!

I kept on hoping that the guests on the more affluent club side of the hotel had better facilities until I met a friend who had the same complaints with us. Unless the hotel is given an overhaul, guests will run with their money.

Verdict: Not value for money. Only go there if you hear it has been refurbished.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Adelheid Marie B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel has great facilities spread out over the large property. We were there for a conference and had agreat time. The rooms need to be done up they are a bit old and not too standard. Great for sea activities or a dip in one of the many pools.

Room Tip: Choose the club or vip rooms for a comfortable stay
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple