we are back from honeymoon at southern palms.
it was fantastic and no evidence of any fire.
we went on kenyan encounters 4 day safari. fantasic experience. the lodges are to be seen to be believed.
southern palms is wonderful and they cannot help enough.
the food is great though we did get a bit bored of the regularity of it all - and went out to eat at ali barbours restaurant 10mins away.
if you go to diani beach go to ali barbours. your hotel will arrange for them to pick u up and drop off. th e restaurant is in a cave and amazing. food better than average.
southern palms was great fun but try to go on safari and snorkelling etc to see the real kenya.
no real evidence of mozzers and you can presentley wear t shirts and skirts/ dresses at night.
southern palms was busy and there are lots of pretty sad english and germans getting up early to bag a recliner and eating 5 plates of food at each sitting.
if you go there for this sort of thing you will have a great time but if you go with an appetite to try a few excursions you will enjoy things more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HRS, HostelWorld, Jovago.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani