Recently had a week just after the refit after the fire, very good service and great location. Beach was great , however the beach sellers are a pain, unless you ignore them, also the current can be strong depending on winds and early morning and evening snorkling can be difficult.
The all inc package was slightly disappaointing as the menu for drinks had very poor quality wine. The pools and staff were great for volley ball, activities etc.
Sun beds by the pool can be arranged with a little greasing of palms and the towels too. The breakfast selction was very good however having to wait for bacon to be cooked in front of you, the queue builds up and the rest of your breakfast goes cold.
The various evening entertainment was interesting with dancing and bands playing various classics to a reggie beat, the weather was mixed for early august with some rain but soon cleared and
the temperature was always mid twenties.
The rooms were clean and tidy, a little basic with views of the beach and pools we were impressed.
The frogs croaking in recpetion all night was a lovely touch, which on arrival i was sure was a CD playing in the background , until one jumped across the floor.
Overall great service and location, great relaxing time, would recommend, probably without the all inc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani