Just returned from a 2 weeks holiday at the Southern Palms Beach Resort and cannot say enough good things about the hotel and staff. From the moment you step in the reception area, you are treated to a true five-star pampering. The staff is professional, friendly, and unobtrusive. The food is spectacular -- everything is fresh with a wide variety of local and European specialties. The rooms are unreal -- every one has a great view of the ocean.The rooms are very big and modern, and, because the hotel is very nice, everything is spotless. The spa is also great to unwind after a long flight . Finally, the grounds really have to been seen to be believed. Everything is perfectly landscaped with a gigantic infinity pool as the centerpiece. There are ample water sports to get involved with as well. If you are planning a special trip and want to pampered or are simply accustomed to true 5-star treatment, this is the place for you. I've had friends stay at other resorts on other place but Southern palms beats them hands down. The hotel is very sophisticated and extremely well-run. If you have the cash to stay, it's absolutely worth it. We will not ever forget it.
One thing to mention -- safari-if you are looking for the best well recommended saafri company then i suggest you go with sunset africa tours and safaris(www.sunsetafricasafaris.com)The safari we went for 4 days Tsavo East,Amboseli and Tsavo West truely explains all to be looked upon such a perfect tour copmany.We highly recommend sunsetafricasfaris.com
Back at the hotel-When we were there there were also many families, so, even though we didn't bring the kids on this trip, the hotel is kid-friendly.
South coast is interesting, to be sure,
Enjoy your holiday,enjoy southern palms-- you'll be glad you went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani