My son was married at Southern Palms. They were in contact with the hotel prior to our arrival as the wedding had to be planned in advance, and the staff were wonderful. There was over 20 in our weddingparty, and half of them lived in Africa and spoke the local language. we had a wonderful stay, and everything was lovely.I upgraded to all inclusivefor the 2nd week and found it easier to manage my cash that wya. no sudden extras! take pens and socks and leave anyting you can afford to replace with the staff. we were friends with with the girls in the beauty parlour, and left them with an assortment of clothes, shoes and cosmetics. Everyone will ask you for a pen so go to the pound shop beforeyou leave and buy what you can. the children especially will be pleased. Only problems we had was with the men on the beach who try and sell you things. You need to use the man who runs the co-op, and you will find it ok.An amazing holiday, and would go back any time even though we had torrential downpours for 5 days and couldnt leave hotel. Try to be open minded, and not judge the people for their way of life. The local Swahilli are amazing, and the men can marry lots of times so family is somewhat disjointed in some villages you may visit. \remember, tourism is the most important thing to them, and they will do anything to make sure their children go to school and learn English.Please try and take things for the children to use in school, they need them so badly. Enjoy the wonderful country and the lovely friendly people at Southern Palms. We had the holiday of a lifetime.make sure to go snorkelling on the reef, best ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani