We would not recommend this hotel just back from a two week stay. Reception staff are rude and have no time for complaints. Rooms are basic ,bedlinen and towels are musty 'and bathrooms not cleaned properly. Food is hit and miss, best to stick to African diet which is simalar to Indian but forget about meat if you want to avoid stomach problems. We were there for Christmas and New Year we had dinner in main restaurant due to weather conditions on christmas eve and it was choas too many people bumping and pushing into each other trying to get food buffet style ! our table was a long way from the food so after soup I give up too much hassle for something to eat especially when you don't enjoy the food , you have to be careful what you eat if you don't want to visit the local hospital! watch the BBQ chef lift raw food then use same tongs to put cooked food on your plate. Alex who is in charge of the sunbeds on the beachfront will make sure you will not get a bed at the front unless you tip him well,the first day I tipped him 100sh it was'nt enought and I did'nt get one the rest of my stay Alex is there from 6 in the mornings putting the sunbeds out with towels so you have no chance even if you get there at 6.30 he will say they are all reserved by guests when I made a compliant I was told to forget it as these men are friends or family of managament and that is how they got the jobs!! as they are so well tipped, there is a sign to say that the beds can't be reserved but Alex will tell you with a smile that they are all reserved even tho we had a seaview room and could see him putting the towels on with no guests around. We would walk to the next hotel Indian Ocean beach Club and for the price of lunch get a frontline sunbed there without any problem also the food is much superior and cleaner and about the same price. Ali Barbours is worth a visit they will send a car free of charge and its in a cave with the roof opened up food is good owned by a Scottish man. Book your safaris with Ferinand on the beach you will get exactly the same deal as the hotel but much cheaper and your boat trips from Ali Baba these people are honest and hard working I would rather my money go to the local people instead of hotel these people need to eat. Change money with Mama kiguo for best rate in Ugunda village. Staff are not so corrupt at Indian Ocean or Grand Diani reef and better hotels for everything rooms ,food and service and have more respect for their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani