We stayed her for 2 weeks end on March and had a fabulous holiday. The hotel is lovely, with nice bar, shop and restaurant, the pool is lovely and has swim up bars, jacuzzi and plenty of comfortable sun loungers. Food is good, the buffet can get a bit repetitive, the snack bar has a good menu to order from and food is served fresh and is good, there are 2 restaurants, Italian and grill bar, we did not go but other guests said they were worth a visit. The beach bar is a great place to sit in the shade and have a cool beer, the selection of bottled beers is also good, but if you like a shot of lime, or black currant take your own with you in your case!
The staff are all good, it is a poor country so they do rely on tips but they do not ask, just drop the odd hint! The beach is lovely, and the sea is as warm as the bath, there are market stalls on beach on both sides of hotel, as well as beach boys walking up and down waiting for guests, most guests did not venture to the beach as the sellers can be very persistent and will follow you for miles in the hope you will buy from them or give them money.
The monkeys in the hotel made my holiday they were lovely going In your bags stealing any food in sight they were great, we had a ground floor room which was good as we only dad to nip over the wall to get into the room, however we did have some little visitors ( cockroach, beetle and lizard), tip if there is a gap under your door block it up with a towel.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the lovely hard working gardeners bought me flowers every morning whilst I was sat reading on our patio, don't forget them if you want to give a tip!
We went out of the complex and walked to the souvenir shop Moiz boutique ( out of front of hotel turn left you will find it, great value and no hassle shopping, we went to Ali baba restaurant and forty thieves bar both really worth a visit, reception will book for you and the restaurant will send a taxi ( no charge).
The highlight of our holiday was our safari, we went 2days, 1 night to Tsavo national parks, we stayed at salt lick lodge which was amazing. We looked at several companies to book with but found Go-Africa-Safari's, this company specialises in trips for people with disabilities but takes trips for people who do not need support. Our driver John was fantastic, I do not know how he found some of the animals but he went out of his way to find everything I wanted to see, the trip was priced the same as other local operators but the difference is that Go-Africa-Safari's are also linked to the Diani children's village, which provides a home for orphaned children, a school in shimba hills for children with disabilities and provides start up loans for children, We booked because we wanted to ensure during our stay we gave something back to vulnerable people in this country so for us it was an obvious choice knowing the money for our trip was supporting such fabulous work, and the trip was faultless!
All in all a fabulous holiday, tip do try to see more than just the Inside of the hotel, arrange to visit the local schools and villages, and go and see the work that is done in Diani Children's village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, HRS, Jovago.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani