(5 star) I would like to share my experience that I and my girlfriend had at the southern palms beach resort in Kenya.
Firstly the service provided by staff was second to none, all the staff made us feel so very welcome on arrival. On arrival we where provided with refreshing drinks prepared in a fresh coconut, along with being provided an refreshing ice cold towel soaked in aloe Vera to freshen up.
The service really is second to none, you are treated like royalty from the moment you arrive at the resort by all.
The rooms are spacious and cleaned daily, you have the added treat and element of surprise with the monkeys visiting your balcony, which adds to the magic. The hotel is located right on the coast giving you the feeling of being lost in your very own tranquil dreamy paradise, the views are magical.
There is plenty of choice when it come to food, the buffet changes regularly so doesn't become boring, besides you have the added options of the Italian or grill restaurants.
During our stay we went the full moon party where you are entertained with an amazing acrobatics show, live music and traditional Masai Mara dancers. Also during our stay we were treated to a relaxing massage at the spa.
The hotel is located conveniently to the local air strip which makes it ideal for going on safari, which I highly recommend. We stayed at the governors camp in the Masai which was amazing. It is an adventure which will last with us forever. On route you fly over Kilimanjaro before landing bang in the middle of the lions and big five. I can't recommend Kenya enough, the country has so much to offer, from the coast to the safari element.
I can't praise the hotel enough, above all and what really made our stay magical was the staff at the southern palms. I can't thank them all enough for making our stay one of a life time. I left Kenya gaining great memory's and friends.
Finally I would like to personally thank Evans who really does strive to make your stay so relaxing, he works tirelessly providing drinks throughout the day, always having a smile on his face, a real gentle giant.
Sydney who works in the restaurant is such a gentleman and looked after are every needs, he treated us like royalty, every day having our table set up and so friendly and welcoming.
Jeffery on the fruits is such a talent, a real artist and again a great friend gained as to so many others at the resort.
Ali who looks after the pool area is a credit to the hotel and what it has to offer. He is a man of the world working long hours to ensure your stay is enjoyable. Again such a gentleman.
Finally Husain who over looked our every need, very friendly and welcoming. Ensuring we were always happy enjoying our stay.
I miss everyone of you at the resort, and hope to one day return. Such a magical beautiful place.
Thank you so much guys, :-))))))))
Sean and Sarah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani