We stayed at the Southern Palms from 2nd to 12th Sepetmber. However, we had to change our room 3 times because the safes did not work and their was no empathy by any of the staff including Hussein who talked a good story. The food was bland but plenty of choices. We found the Italian Restaurant was ok but not what I would call UK a la carte but the service was very good and the staff were friendly. The beach was painful and got pestered by the beach boys but security were on hand for any trouble. The beach boys took us away from the main complex and demanded money for showing us some of the beautiful things that can be found amongst the rocks, albeit I did not begrudge them anything as they were friendly and gave them £5 for showing it to us, it is something to be aware off. Furthermore, make sure you take beach shoes if you are venturing into the sea becuase of the vast sea urgents. The 4 day safari was amazing but make sure you take wet ones and tissues with you as the toilets are not great. We managed to get upgraded to Saltlick, which was another experience in itself.
The pool was very good and the pool staff tried to involve you in all activities, sometimes too much. The Spa ladies also constantly pestered you albeit they were very polite but you would get a different one come round every 5 minutes, which became annoying.
Overall we had a geat time but disappointed with the hotel and the amount of times we had to pack and unpack due to faulty safes. You would have thought they would have checked them first prior to letting the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani