We spent the first 2 weeks of May at this remarkable hotel, safe and very secure from the unknown Unfortunately I was unable to go on Safari as planned but was well taken care of whilst my partner was away. It rained for the first 2 days but was supplied with a big umbrella (its the rainy season). The amazing, friendly, conciencious, hard working staff went out of their way to make sure the guests were given the best service they could give which was always First Class. Our room had a massive draped (mossie nets) comfy bed. It was clean, cool and tranquil with a good view and the fresh flowers from the garden were a treat. The pools were amazing and very inviting although I cannot swim. The beautiful gardens, fresh coco-nuts (thanks Ali) taking note, listening and watching the various wildlife and the antics of the monkeys is remarkable.
We were always encouraged to take part in the entertainment provided, whether it was the water sports and exercise classes in the pool, a game of volleyball on the beach or dancing and singing in the evening (well done Charlie and the crew). My love for fish was taken on board and I was served some very succulent mouth watering dishes, the home-made chips and fresh pineapple were a few of my favourite foods not fogetting the Lobster meal on the beach...devine....words fail me. I admit to being thoroughly spoilt by all the restaurants, kitchen staff, cooks chefs waiters and waitresses who lavished me but also wanted to fatten me (naughty naughty). Last but not least the bars...I was lost in my own little world on a daily basis (need I say more folks) thanks to Stephen, Deju and Eli and the other bar staff as well. The guys on the front desk/reception (Henry just give me a weeks trial answering the phone etc) the clientele would be cueing at the gates to get into Southern Palms with my charm. Mercy our tour rep gave 100% service and advice (Morgan sends his love).
In a nutshell I had an absolutely fantastic holiday, made some great friends with both staff and guests and will never ever forget this holiday . Southern Palms is the place to be. If you dont beleive me go see for yourself.
Love to all I will return xx.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani