This was the second half of our honeymoon in Sept 2011 (bit late in adding so had to mark as Sept 2012 - sorry!) having spent the first week in the Masai Mara on Safari and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were lovely, the resort beautiful. The Animation Team are hilarious, the pool is great with a swim up bar - just what you need in the African heat.
The rooms are clean and have a TV where we even caught up with some football. The bed wasn't the comfiest but different continents have different ideas of what a good mattress means. It wasn't lumpy or anything - just a little hard for us.
The main thing we enjoyed was the food. We were all inclusive and it was always a full buffet. We would go down promising to just have a main and desert or soup and some fruit and breakfast lunch and dinner, we'd end up having 3 courses of delicious food. Don't go if you have any intention of dieting while you are there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani