We stayed in Southern Palms for 4 days before our safari and 3 days after it. It is a very good hotel, staff are very friendly - in fact they really make the hotel! - the situation of the hotel is perfect - on a white beach with palm trees and blue/green sea. The food is of a high standard with a choice of restaurants. There is a Lebanese, Italian and a BBQ grill as well as the hotel main restaurant which had a different theme each evening. We tried them all (except Italian) and they were all first class.
The rooms are kept really clean - the only slight downside is that they are a bit 'tired' and could do with refurbishment.
The pools are excellent and there are plentiful sun loungers. We spent most of our time on the beach which is gorgeous and is patrolled by the hotel's security staff. They are very friendly and introduced themselves to the guests. They were worth their weight in gold as their very presence kept the 'beach boys' at bay. The beach boys are also extremely friendly but they are trying to make a living by selling souvenirs and will approach you if you leave the 'safety' of the loungers to go dip your toes in the gorgeous Indian Ocean. We bought some stuff from them and they then left us alone for the rest of our holiday. They just waved and shouted hello! Before you buy get an idea of the price of souvenirs from the hotel shop (same items on sale) so you can haggle. They also are very grateful for pens, notebooks and socks, so if you take some with you they will be lifelong friends!!!
All in all we had an excellent holiday and the hotel met all of our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani