Firstly this hotel is not close enough to Somalia to worry so dont cancel any holiday you could have more trouble with the monleys pinching your cake they are the only bandits around but cute with it
I had read the reviews before going and was concerned about the comments about towels and grren things but I have to say the towles were fine. This is Kenya and bearing in mind the towles are washed a lot more than ours and Im sure they dont have water softner so they were as expected and fine. The pools were cleaned every day and the clorinated regularily so you do need to be careful the day after they are done as recently permed hair or cheap clothes may be affected but that is the same in any pool. Food was exceptional and my husband is fussy and he had no problems. The main resturant is very good, with loads of choice and staff service is briilaint. You have to try the barbacue and italian restaurant as they are very good and make a change but you do neeed to book. The beach has got the boys but just say no and the security does keep an eye on them. We had pre booked our 7 day safari and it was with Akorn Destination Management, the driver Mohamed was fantastic and we saw everything and more and would go with them again. On return from our safari we were given another room had a little problem with our materess but the guy changed it straight away.
You are not going to please everyone all the time but I can honestly say that i cant fault the hotel, food, staff and rooms. You will find little faults if you very picky but concidering how popular this complex is they do exceptional well. You dont even get perfection in the Ritz and that costs and arm and a leg.
Remember that these guys dont get paid much so they rely on their tips and if you have anything that you dont want to take back clothes, towels they are very graeful for anything you dont want to take home so leave it behind there ar forms in reception or just give it with a note so they know they are not stealing
We will have no hesitation to come back again it was a wonderful place to be
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani