“EXCELLENT!!!!”
Review of Hotel Diani House

Hotel Diani House
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Diani House!!!!
An Amazing property with Suni Antelope and Colobus monkeys to watch whilst sitting on the verandah.
Great pool over looking the gorgeous ocean. very comfortable rooms and excellent seafood feasts leaving the kitchen, rarely have we eaten so well !
The staff were friendly and always happy to help.
Diani house is central and right on the beach yet you feel far away from everything!
We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trix H
ngr1r, General Manager at Hotel Diani House, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

Diani House has recently undergone extensive renovations and is now under new management.
The new team look forward to receiving you as well as your encouraging reveiws.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just the best place to be! Excellent chef, wonderful location, beautiful place and welcoming hosts! Helen and Richard are awesome. The house is cozy and clean. Good to have a car to visit different places around and ask the hosts for best restaurants. Watch out for the monkeys they are excellent food thieves but otherwise amusing to watch. Highly reccomend diani house!!! Who knew Robert Kennedy (J.F Kennedys brother) stayed there many years back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The place is beautiful and the staff very nice but it is not worth the price: 10,500 shillings per person day YET we could not eat when we wanted to, with small kids having to wait until 9AM to have breakfast is not ideal. We didn’t have enough food for breakfast (6 paying adults…) and the owner was quite unpleasant when we asked for more sausages…We were told the alcohol drinks were below bar price (no price listed) but when we got the bill it was bar price …and the owners to be frank are too present…nobody wants to see the owner around when you’re renting their property unless there is a problem!!
In summary, for a large group, you better off renting a house with your own chef and do your own shopping-it will be cheaper and more intimate…
Hosna

Room Tip: Don't choose the room too close to 40 thieves, depending on the wind direction, you could have s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HosnaNairobi
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Mixed emotions about this place. I've stayed at Diani House three times now, as well as twice at the same owners' place in Naivasha. Both of the properties are amazing, the staff are great, and the owners were welcoming. During my last stay at Diani House, however, the owners made it clear I was inconveniencing them. They noted in an email that they "have been holding this weekend for you for ages", when I had only requested that they reserve one night, leaving them with “no option at this late stage to take a loss on your booking”. I thought we could clear up their misunderstanding with a phone call but they were equally impolite.

Because Diani House had been great on previous occasions, I since recommended it to friends who went there a few weekends ago. Following their experience, where they were made to feel unwelcome as well, none of us will go back or continue to recommend their properties.

If you don’t like people staying at your home then don’t rent it out.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank conorphillips
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Three work colleagues traveled during the low season and stayed at Diani house. The food was fantastic, and the staff very accommodating. The room was always cleaned nicely. The view was great with a fantastic pool. The only issue was that the bottled water was always out.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank EEHogan
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We have been going to Diani House for years and years, the last time was in January 2011.
It is home from home, you can be as private and secluded as you want to be, or can join the other guests. The location is perfect, right on a pristine beach and warm Indian Ocean. The food is delicious, fresh and local.
Helen and Richard (Owners) are welcoming, knowledgable and discreet.
I would highly recommend it and am looking forward to spending more time there myself with family and friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are just PERFECT.They are spacious and airy, you can sit outside your room on the vera...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I had come to celebrate my 1st wedding anniv with my wife to Diani. Chose south coast over north coast because of the quality of beaches.
I had the room rental fixed at 15K
(KSh)per night. I entered the property, and it was empty and we were the only guests, thought it was possibly a low season;
We sat for the breakfast, and wow our cereals had ants. The owner blames the grocerry shop for ants. Next comes tea with cookies in the evening, the cookies were heated in the microwave oven to have the moisture taken out of them. These cookies smelt like they were very old. Again the owner blames the grocerry shop; next I had asked for a trip to wasini island, he told me the minimum price was 135 usd per head and I had the me trip planned for 45 usd from another agency; the rooms had no ac, no tv; I had to walk down to the kitchen to get anything.
I later next day shifted to Indian Ocean beach resort for a tariff of 13.5K for me and my wife and the resort was simply wow !

And ya, to compensate the old stuff the diani house fed us with, the owner promiced a bottle of wine which was never given :)

All in all Don't waste your money on this accomodation...

• Stayed: September 2011