Pick up, was right on time, was fine
Check in, no welcome towel or cocktail, process was not too long.
Room clean, towels old, rough, perhaps they should invest in fabric softener.
Spa, welcome warm, booking a treatment, pleasant
Treatment, very very nice and enjoyable
Lunch, unwelcoming reception by hostess at horizon restaurant before being booted to another restaurant which was even worse by a waiter called Gideon.
Dinner, no hostess to welcome, Gideon there again, made a drink order, he put it on another table. Lady said she hadn't ordered it, had been sitting on her table for over 5 minutes, then Gideon brings it over and has the audacity to ask if I had ordered it. Decided to cancel the order only for him to bring the 'same' drink in a totally different glass.
Seems the staff only hover and make a hustle over certain visitors.
Had visited the place a couple of years ago, had poor service, discovered a nearby hotel that treated us better so we would go there.
Traveling solo can make one notice things that may have been overlooked if distracted by good company or any company. Clearly leopard beach resort has its clientele and is not looking at new ones.
I however commend the staff at uzuri spa and the adult quiet pool area
Wifi is bad
No turn down service
Had breakfast on day 2, not surprising, hostess was sitting specific people, sat all through breakfast without any of my used crockery and cutlery being cleared, but they Gideon had time to come make sure the bill from last night was signed.
Had a Swahili night on one of the evenings, was commendable. Lovely BBQ.
All in all, the resort is beautiful, but the staff are not well trained.
Would not recommend staying there, but the spa is great!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and cosmopolitan resort situated on world famous Diani Beach on Kenya's idyllic southern coast- undoubtedly Kenya's finest beach destination. The resort is built atop a coral cliff and surrounded by lush, tropical gardens which drop onto the white sandy shores of the Indian Ocean below. Holidaymakers and business travellers alike enjoy a range of world class amenities and a high level of service and attention to detail. Come and experience Leopard Beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leopard Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leopard Beach Hotel Diani
- Leopard Beach Resort And Spa