“December Holiday Getaway at Leopard Beach Resort and Spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leopard Beach Resort & Spa

Leopard Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Diani Beach
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“December Holiday Getaway at Leopard Beach Resort and Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were at LBR on honeymoon in July 2011 and loved it. This December was our second time to visit LBR. My wife and i had such a wonderful time courtesy of Joan and Sheena who talked to us regularly and made us feel very welcome, together with the rest of the Hotel staff. We son enjoyed our stay that we completely forgot our check out date. We were assisted by a staff at the reception with transport logistics out of the Hotel. Can't wait to come back once the Villas are done. Thank you LBR. By the way the SPA massages are out of this world. My wife and i are yet to find another massage spa that comes close. Thank you Janine.

Room Tip: 'Some simple DVD players could go along way in ehancing once time in the standard rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LBRandSpa, Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Peter M,

How lovely to read of your wonderful experience with us here at Leopard Beach Resort and Spa, thank you for taking time to share it with us.

I am glad that you had a great time during your honeymoon and an equally a pleasant time on your second visit.

Your kind words have been passed on Janine, Sheena and Joan and the Chui Team at large.

We have taken note of your suggestion on the availability of DVD players in the standard rooms. We shall work to see what options are available to us.

We are also very excited on our ongoing project of the Villas and cannot wait to have them ready. We shall definitely keep you posted.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon at Leopard Beach Resort to celebrate more happy memories.

Happy New Year 2013

Best Regards,
Chui Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Was here for the 1st time for 6days/5nights & had mixed feelings...

Raves;
- Great Ambiance ; Grounds are really beautiful, lots of trees, beautiful grown flowers. Variety of African furniture, fittings and fixtures. Well done guys!
- Variety ; Leopard Beach has approx. 9 eating areas [restaurants, bars, coffee lounges, bistro etc].
- Spacious ; hotel was fully booked but the hotel is so spacious that you wonder where everyone is..esp. during the day.
- Amazing Spa. I doubt Leopard's Uzuri Spa beats the ambiance of Serena's Maisha Spa. However, the treatment service [by Mary] was absolutely world class! Also loved the outdoor treatment rooms & showers. Spa area also has its own pool for 16yrs+. Great!
- Great dinner & night entertainment ; there was a different band at dinner each night. Loved that they took on special requests. The night entertainment was also great ; the magicians, acrobats, Maasai's, disco etc.
- Commendable service by Martha [Nairobi Booking office], Mary [Spa], Julius Kilonzo [Restaurant Service], John Omollo [Restaurant Manager] & Fondo [Activities by day & DJ by night]. Well done guys!

Rants ;
- Too many mosquitoes in the rooms. Not sure where they came from because my windows, balcony were always closed. Even with a net, the mosquito buzz is very disturbing.
- Was unimpressed by kids club/activities/minders [<4yrs]. Heard an activity room is under construction..
- Poor house keeping service; requested for a mosquito net which was delivered on the 2nd day despite several calls. Also had to keep calling to get bathroom amenities & coffee supplies replenished - wonder why this is not automatic each time the room is getting cleaned? Room cleaning takes the entire day - was surprised one can go to their room at 3pm and the room is yet to be cleaned!One of the rooms had water coming from under the bed 'probably due to the AC' and was not fixed during the entire stay. We used towels to avoid a bigger mess. The complimentary water provided in the rooms 'Mombasa Premium' was 'almost salty'. Please upgrade to reknown brands.
- Poor front desk service ; tried changing my meal plan from FB to HB & was surprised it took 24+hrs to get a response from the front desk because 'they were waiting for Management'. Had to visit front desk over 4 different times despite leaving behind my phone number.
- Poor restaurant service ; most service staff [esp.at Horizon Restaurant] were either untrained, overwhelmed or both. Meals at the buffet need to be labeled for guests to know what they are eating...esp. to avoid allergy breakouts. Breakfast cereal section was invaded by bees leaving a pathetic/unhealthy sight. Hotel should invest in cereal & sugar dispensers. The fresh juice was terrible.

Given the hotel was fully booked & the numbers were huge....
- More than 1 person should have been assigned to prepare 'personalized eggs' for breakfast because there was always a long queue.
- Buffet replenishment service should have been faster.
- Guests on HB/FB should have had more than 1 restaurant option for dinner.

Tips ;
- If hotel is fully booked, to avoid service breakdown during breakfast & dinner buffets, eat breakfast very early and dinner very late.
- Got a chance to peep into the villas & cottages and they are amazing! Try them.
- For nearby eat-out options, try lunch @ Swahili Beach Hotel & dinner @ The Amazing Ali Barbour Cave Restaurant.
- Don't miss out on the night/after-dinner entertainment ; not sure why attendance was always poor...maybe guests were tired or uninformed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fearless influencer,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing Leopard Beach Resort and Spa as your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Diani South Coast.

It was of course very pleasing to read your wonderful comments on our hotel ambience, our Uzuri Spa, our dinner and entertainment offerings, the respective teams work very hard and it is always very motivating to see that their efforts do not go unnoticed. Many thanks for acknowledging the outstanding services offered by our team members, a true display of our distinctive Chui Class service. We shall pass on your commendation.

It was disappointing to see that your stay with us was not entirely to your liking. We have read and noted keenly the comments shared on the various aspects of our service delivery. Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings and be rest assured that we have shared your constructive comments with all involved to make sure that similar situations are not repeated.

We greatly value our guest feedback as it is a key element that helps us determine our overall guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and once again all of us here are very sorry if we did not meet your expectation and would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your comments. We hope you shall accord us another chance to display our true Kenya hospitality and have contacted you personally regarding this.

Kind Regards,
Chui team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is my second here and no words but awe, can describe this place.

The staff is really helpful and kind. They are always their to help you if you need them.

The place itself is really nice
, and the new dining place looks really nice and is well built. I also came her last ester before the fire, and I have to say that the new eating place is way nicer.

Getting from the pool to the beach is really easy, which is nice if you like sitting at the pool but you also have like going to the beach.

Last time I came here we had some problems getting back to nairobi, but the staff was really helpful getting us a new room even when it was really full we where able to get two more nights.

So oweral the only thing I miss is better Internet, but who goes to the beach to be on the Internet.

• Stayed December 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This facility is comparable to none, was here in dec 2011. the food is very good and the staff very friendly. i good a connecting room and i have no words to tell how good the rooms are. At the time i was there with my family there was no any other kenyan family, i thought may be we would be discriminated upon, but the treatment we got was just excellent! The swiming pool is perfect. We just loved Leopard Beach!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank scoller o
Dear Scoller O,

Thank you for posting such a great review on this site.

We are very pleased to read that you had an amazing time with us and that you especially enjoyed the service provided by our staff, they are all a real credit to our business.

Here at Leopard baech Resort and Spa, all our guests are our friends irrespective of any physical, social or cultural differences. We embrace diversity and take great pride in our multi-cultural setting.

Your kind comments have been passed on to the entire Chui team.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Leopard beach was the perfect place for my first trip to Kenya. I'll definitely be back!

The staff were friendly and personable. I loved the fresh coconut that was handpicked and delivered to my room each morning. The staff really made sure the little toches were there - Every day a bowl of beautiful tropical flowers appeared in my room. Everybody smiled and welcomed me and they really couldn't do enough to make my stay a memorable one.

During my stay I made several trips to the spa. I had a massage, an exfoliating scrub, facial and mani/pedi. All were absolutely amazing! I even fell asleep at the end of the massage which I've never done before during a treatment. All the ladies were amazing and welcomed me each time by name.

The food at leopard beach was delicious. As the main restaurant was closed we ate around the pool. The setting was actually very romantic and cosy. The menu was very varied and offered a choice of meat or fresh fish dishes. I especially enjoyed the BBQ evening (the seafood skewers in particular!)

I also loved the location. The beach was stunning and we loved walking on the rocks at low tide. Diani had lots to offer - shops, bars and a fantastic art gallery showcasing local artists.

I really hope to revisit soon and can't recommend this hotel highly enough!

Room Tip: Opt for a room overlooking the cliffs for a great view and some outdoor space!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kayla_london
Dear Kayla,

Thank you for your excellent review and we are more than delighted that you chose Leopard Beach resort and Spa for your very first stay in Kenya!

It brings great pleasure to us when we encounter guests who are extremely pleased about our service and the product we have to offer.

The coconut is a common delicacy here and we are glad that you enjoyed it too.

On behalf of the Spa team, I would like to thank you for your fine patronage to our Uzuri spa and for the great compliments.

Our Food and Beverage team work very hard to ensure that your culinary journey is one of a kind, they shall be delighted to read of your wonderful comments.

We hope that your experience with us will lead you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Best regards and Happy New Year ,
Chui Team.
Stockholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Together with my Kenyan girlfriend I celebrated New Year´s Eve at the resort. We arranged our stay independently, without the involvement of any tour operator.

The resort organised an excellent dinner party with live music and performances on the beach.

The standard of the rooms were commensurate with my expectations of a resort of this standing, however the minibar was broken. Being charged 5 dollar for a bucket of ice from room service felt a bit excessive though. Reception staff were very flexible on our day of departure and arranged a room where we could shower and change before heading for the bus station in Mombasa.

Gym is really good, air conditioned with modern equipment and helpful staff. The smaller swimmingpool behind the gym is a hidden gem! Very quiet and relaxing environment, with good service.

Had a pedicure at the spa, excellent service and quality. I can also recommend the coffee lounge with a tremendous view to the sea and comfortable seating arrangements.

The business centre was able to assist with photo copying and printouts.

Breakfast and dinner buffets were fine experiences - impeccable service and taste. I do have a concern about the food safety though, since both my girlfriend and I experienced serious stomach problems towards the end of our trip. We did not eat outside the resort at any occasion.

Beach is perfectly clean and safe.

We appreciated the complementary afternoon tea arranged by the pool, however being charged for sandwiches felt a bit greedy compared to similar resorts I visited elsewhere in Kenya.

To summarize, this is an excellent place for a quiet beach vacation. Besides relaxation, I was able to concentrate on my story writing. I found the environment conducive to conduct work as an independent professional. Besides being charged excessively for some minor stuff we felt that the resort met our expectations and provided good value for money.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms in the main buildings. The bungalows close to the reception seem a bit dated.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LustansLakejer
Tallinn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I visited this place with my colleagues for 8 days in March. The weather was really hot and sunny and burning all day.
The rooms are great. During our stay at night, the air-conditioner was put to +26C. In the morning, I woke up and my face, legs and lips were freezing. Because outside it's +40C all the time, it is so nice to sit in your ''cold'' room with +26C.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everybody greets you all the time: ''JAMBO !!'' - this means HELLO in their language.
The hotel area is very big, you need to stay there at least for 3 weeks to enjoy everything. The Indian Ocean is 5 meters from the hotel, very warm water.
The food is great. The fruits are amazing - mango, passionfruit etc..
The supermarket is nearby - 15min to walk. You can also take the motorcycle taxi, which will cost 1 USD for a ride. The nice dancing clubs are also nearby - 30min to walk, 10min with the ''taxi''. The party will never stop.
Souvenir kiosks are next to the supermarket, so everything is near.

I had the best time of my life and I would recommend this place for everyone - the best place to stay in Kenya.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very neat and tidy. There are 6 big houses, each house has two floors and each flo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Terje A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review for us on Trip advisor. We are thrilled to read about how you had such a wonderful stay with us at Leopard Beach Resort and Spa and it looks like you certainly enjoyed yourself!

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, especially the air conditioning amenity, our food and fruits too.

Our convenient location is an added bonus for us and with our helpful staff, making it all easy to find your way around!

Thank you again for staying with us and your recommendation to others. We look forward to your return to our hotel in the near future this time maybe 3 weeks or more perhaps..

Kind Regards,