We have stayed at this hotel for a short beach break. Everything was great, from reservation through their Nairobi Booking Office until check out. I must admit I was bit skeptical with some negative reviews on Trip Advisor, but the place is great. One can always be critical, and there is always room for improvement, but this place is nice and we will hopefully go back in April.
We received a warm welcome at the entrance where host man offered us fresh welcome cocktail. At the reception, we were told that our room was upgraded because they simply had extra rooms available. We were taken to our cottage which had a see view, the room was big and had lot of space outside with chairs and traditional beach bed. We were kindly explained all we needed to know. The wi-fi Internet was also working fine in the room.
The breakfast was great, plenty of everything. Some viewers commented that it is always the same, but there is nothing more one can think of for breakfast. Coffee and tea were served free of charge at 4:00 pm by the pool. We had buffet dinner and we have no complaints about the choice and taste.
The beach is great and you can order your lunch there too. You do not have to have any money with you, you can simply add it to your room and pay on checkout. The pool is also there, with clean water.
As for entertainment, there was live music in the main restaurant. There is also spa, but we have not tried it. There are also some shops in the lobby area where you can buy paintings and handcrafts.
We traveled with our three year old son, and he had great time at the beach. Kids club is also there, but it is located in the very small room. I expected some activities for the kids at the pool, but have not seen anything. I wish they also had some water attractions either at the pool or in the sea, for example slide and pedal boats. It is not expensive, but it keeps kids happy.
Somebody commented on monkeys, and the smell . Well, the hotel is surrounded by tropical gardens and monkeys live there. It is an attraction and they have their role there as thei cats too which chase snakes away. The management requests guests not to feed monkeys and cats, and there is a reason for that. There were no mosquitos around the hotel and rooms. Mosquito nets are provided though at request.
The staff of the hotel are its greatest asset. Everyone is kind and attentive. Nobody asked for tip, but we were happy to give it. We checked ot at 5 am, and there was light breakfast and coffee for us in the main restaurant. I can say that we have traveled a lot and have not experienced such service yet.
So overall, if you wish to relax at the Indian ocean, we recommend Leopard Beach Resort and Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and cosmopolitan resort situated on world famous Diani Beach on Kenya's idyllic southern coast- undoubtedly Kenya's finest beach destination. The resort is built atop a coral cliff and surrounded by lush, tropical gardens which drop onto the white sandy shores of the Indian Ocean below. Holidaymakers and business travellers alike enjoy a range of world class amenities and a high level of service and attention to detail. Come and experience Leopard Beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leopard Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leopard Beach Hotel Diani
- Leopard Beach Resort And Spa