We had a wonderful time at this hotel last year so I booked it again. The hotel is quiet and a little out of the way. There are activities, but not so many that you are overwhelmed. The food is great and they will go out of their way to make something for you. I am a veggie and there was a new chef this year. Every night the veggie option was some sort of curry, so I availed myself of the pasta station (very nice). I did mention to the restaurant manager that it would be nice to have pizza or canneloni or lasagna or something not curry and the very next night there was lasagna. We also got pizza and canneloni.
We have an Ocean front room and I thoroughly recommend it. It is a bit maldivian, but not such a long flight and you aren't stuck on an island. If you are not a party animal and can overlook a few small niggles (we didnt have any this time) then this is the hotel for you. If you like to be close to the action with plenty of organised things for kids and adults then I would suggest the Southern Palms (massive pool) or the Diani Sea Resort.(value for money and right next to the supermarkets) South Mombasa has much nicer beaches than the north although the transfer is a little longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Jovago.com and Travelocity so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club