I stay at this hotel regularly as it is perfect for me. The rooms are spacious and clean, and have fabulous views. Very few are more than a few metres from the beach. There is one main pool and a number of plunge pools throughout the gardens. There is a small coral shelf in front of the hotel, but it is not hard to walk around it to get into the sea. When the tide is in it is of no consequence anyway, and when the tide is out, it traps a pool of water that many people like to sit and tan in.
On this occasion someone complained to me that all the beds were reserved. I explained that you tell the pool boy (Gabriel) where you want to sit and he will put bed and shade there for you and see that it is made up each morning for you. There is plenty of space.
The staff are attentive, without being cloying, and are very nice natured whether you tip or not. Sometimes they are busier than others, and on a couple of evenings this time the service was a bit slow. However this is Kenya and are you really in a rush? If so tell them at the outset - they will oblige.
The food this year was slightly better than last year, although virtually everyone i bumped into, regardless of hotel were not entirely happy with the evening meal although breakfast is fab. I think for what it is it is excellent. Also, if there is really nothing you fancy on the menu, you can ask for something else and as long as they know how to make it they will.
My main love about this hotel is the peace and quiet. No loud music all day and no forced entertainment or being pestered to play water polo, volleyball, football etc etc They do offer water aerobics at 11.00 and for that half an hour they play music but it is not very loud. This time there were no aerobics as nobody wanted them.
Evening entertainment is not spectacular, but is ok to chill out and have a drink. It only lasts usually from 9 until 10, 11 at the latest then all is peaceful again.
If you are the sort of person who likes plenty of entertainment, loud music, pristine surroundings and British Hilton standards then this hotel is not for you. If you want peace, relaxation and a chance to unwind in a stunning location with a chilled atmosphere and genuine Kenyan feel then this is for you. Kick off your shoes, have a G&T or a Tusker while watching the sun go down. Pure magic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club