We stayed with colleagues on a company retreat, as part of a larger group. I loved my room, very clean and spacious, and a comfortable bed. It overlooked the ocean which was great. I also really enjoyed the swimming pool, though I wished it was a bit bigger.
We all didn't like the food. The fruits were not fresh, and by the third day, we were tired of the monotonous menu. On the fourth day however, we were served a local selection of Swahili foods which we all really enjoyed. I think the chef should be a bit creative on a day to day basis so long staying guests aren't bored.
On the day we arrived, the showers didn't have running water. This was quite disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms, double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Jovago.com and Expedia so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club