We have been back for just over a week and we are still raving about this FANTASTIC holiday. We booked into the Indian Ocean Hotel and had a wonderful time. The hospitality was 100% and they all made us very welcome. On arrival after a very exhausting journey from the airport, we were greeted with smiles and a nice fresh juice and a hot towel, which believe me, is most welcoming. They then showed us around the hotel and then to our room. The room was lovely and we could hear the crashing waves which was nice. We were all inclusive which to start with was a little confusing but after a chat with our holiday rep all was ok.
You have to sign for everything you have and you have to pay extra for non local drinks. The seafood restaurant is very nice and if you are all inclusive you get discount there which can make it a cheaper night, well worth a visit. They have a team who work there called the Animation team. Basically they get you up doing stuff like keep fit in the water and water volley ball. They are very entertaining.
Now for the safari. We were blown away. Firstly we booked through Twit Travel & Safaris (firstname.lastname@example.org). See their Facebook page as well.
We saw so many animals and it was all down to our guide. For the 3 days he took us every morning and evening out to see the animals and he just knew where to look. We saw Impala, warthogs, zebra, wildebeast, buffalo,giraffe,elephant and the lions. We could'nt believe how close we were to them. The lions were no more than 8 feet away from us and the elephants walked right passed us. They acted as though we were'nt there. We felt completely safe.
The lodges were amazing. They were all different and had there own qualities. We went to Tsavo west for 1 night and stayed in the Kilaguni lodge, then onto Amboseli the 2nd day to the Amboseli Serena Lodge. Then on the last day we went to Taita hills and stayed at Salt lick lodge.
We also did Mombasa city tour which was very informative and eyeopening. saw old town, fort jesus, market & locals plus the tusks which i think was great idea. Ukunda village tour was particulary humbling & satisfying. Saw how locals, went to an orphanage school which was the peak of our holiday. Booked & arranged by Twit Travel & Safaris which we highly recommend. If you want to book safari or excursion, be sure to check with Twit Travel & Safaris on what they have to offer. They have the best bargain!
All in all we had the best holiday ever and it will always have a special place in our hearts. Hope you find this read helpfull.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms, double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club