“quiet, peaceful cottage with great staff”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
our team Christmas 2013
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
Yvonne M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“quiet, peaceful cottage with great staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

This was my fourth visit to Diani this year and the third cottage I have rented. Stayed for one week in Villa Mwangi. We were welcomed by Robert with an interesting tipple! I cant fault the garden and the staff were lovely. The villa was clean and the fan and air conditioning was very welcome! I have also received an email from Robert on my return home! The booking process was easy and it is very good value for money, I don't think you could find anything similar for the price. Galu beach is huge and very clean, and we enjoyed a couple of meals at the Fishermans Restaurant there which I can highly recommend, the staff there are very friendly and the beach has fewer beach boys than Diani. It is an easy 10 minute walk from the cottage and there is a local shop on the main road for every day essentials, water, veg, milk and a lot cheaper than the nakumartt! Overall very good value, clean and comfortable cottage. Yvonne and Juma send our thanks to Robert, Edith and Geoffrey for their attention and friendliness

A couple of things that could improve the cottage would be a kettle and if possible, spraying outside the kitchen window for ants. I found the cooker a bit scary with only two burners that would work, some general updating would make a lovely cottage fantastic but I appreciate it is a good price

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: setting and staff
Liked least: cooker and lack of a kettle
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
MikeKites...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great cottage in lovely gardens”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

I stayed here for just over a week and it was ideal for what I wanted.

The house itself has good kitchen facilities, a bathroom with a good shower and well provided bedrooms. The best part for me was the outdoor seating and dining areas which provided a very pleasant place to relax and eat. The garden area is secure and padlocked and also served by night time security on the road to the house.

The staff were very pleasant and interesting to talk you, being very knowledgable regarding the plants and also very keen to help.

Robert who lived in one of the 3 villas in the group was really helpful with getting some essentials for the house and also personally drove me down to the kitesurf school and introduced me as I was looking for a good place to kitesurf.

He was also very flexible when I wanted to arrange additional days and the whole process was very relaxed.I nearly forgot that Robert was also contactable by Skype and directed me to the house from Diani beach. As the turn off to the house was not going to be clear he had walked down to the main road and met me. Great personal service which was really appreciated.

Overall this is a great place to stay with a kitesurf school and many of the local hotels fairly handy.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The relaxed atmosphere in a stunning garden surround
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Kenya

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Germany
Reviewed December 7, 2012 for a stay in December 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing