Swahili Beach Resort
$156
$112
$100
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$194
$154
$186
$162
$189
$170
  • Breakfast included
Blue Marlin Beach Hotel(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$105
$100
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
$158
$135
Priceline
Bahari Dhow Beach Villas(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$58
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
$625
$560
All reviewscascading poolsswahili architecturespice routebeach barbeautiful hotelsouth coastfront office staffrain showersuperior roombreakfast and dinnerguest relationsrooms are hugeindian cuisinesamosasmain restaurantspecial thankshalf board
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Felt like an Arabian princess when I walked in here. Great views, great hospitality, phenomenal inter-locking pools and some wonderful relaxation areas.

There just seems to be few entertainment options but I guess if you here to relax, thats exactly what you get!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had an excellent vacation in this very superb hotel..we got a free upgrade to the superior deluxe rooms facing the sea,no words can even describe the whole experience.. Breathtaking or should I say paradise, wow!The interiors are Zanzibar style, nicely decorated with attention to detail. The scenery is very serene, a lot of Palm trees and pretty flowers that give you the coastal feeling.Would definitely return for a much longer stay.

The highs-
-The many swimming pools that cascade downwards towards the beach area make up a million times for the beach that is missing because of the coral reef.Nice chill out area.
-The mattress was extremely comfortable, the curtains dark and the bed is very spacious.
-The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant,a very special thank you to Julius for the personal touch and interest in us.You made our stay very special....
-The bar in the pool area with bar seats mmmmhh very nice.

The lows-
-No wifi connection in the rooms,only in the lobby and pool area.
-The food variety is a bit down, creativity and variety needed here a lot.
-The entertainment during dinner is also dull, perhaps different theme nights can be organized

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank faith m
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous hotel. Staff go the extra mile to accommodate your needs and make you feel special. Rooms are spacious and well apportioned. Will definitely come back. Worth every cent. Only problem was bad wi-fi connection in rooms. Hope its been fixed now.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne A
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic 8 days at Swahili Beach last month, we were ecstatic when the reservations manager confirmed that we could hold our wedding there. My husband and I live in the UK and so all our wedding arrangements were done via email with the food and beverage manager - Griffin. Griffin was amazing to work with and gave us his personal mobile number and was always available to talk and meet up. The night before the wedding Griffin met up with us to have a last run through, he's an asset to Swahili Beach. The staff honestly went out of their way to make sure we were happy and our requests were met.

We booked several rooms for our wedding party who were all upgraded to superior rooms. We were upgraded to a suite which was magnificent! We were in awe of our room which was larger than most apartments in London! Everything you would want, storage, fridge, sofa, super soft cotton clean white sheets you will find at Swahili Beach. The turn down service was a nice touch, we certainly felt spoilt and didn't want to leave.

The food at the restaurant was delicious, fresh, hot and plentiful. Being a large group I was aware that maybe not everyone's needs would be met. I was pleasantly surprised, my husband who is gluten intolerant found something to eat every morning and evening. My daughter (20month old) also had lots to choose from. The beach restaurant is lush, fresh, tasty and filling meals are only an order away. I advice anyone going to swahili beach to take advantage of the free afternoon tea and coffee. Where you can sip on delicious full bodied Kenyan coffee or tea while watching the sun set.

The spa is luxurious and a lot of effort has gone into kitting out the gym and spa to international standards. I've been to other hotels on the Kenyan Coast and they can't compete with what Swahili Beach has on offer. They also provide free water for guests which is a nice touch. For the wedding preparations I had a manicure by a lovely woman called Martha (I believe). It was refreshing having a girly conversation while having my nails done, which looked lovely.

Our wedding day was a dream come true in a paradise setting. The staff who cooked on the day as we had live cooking and the waiters really gave our wedding that extra feel of luxury. The duty manager and other managers also came to our evening reception to pass their well wishes which was a nice touch. They really did become part of the family, whenever we saw any of the managers around the hotel they would stop, greet us and check that we were happy at Swahili Beach. The managers at Swahili are visible and interact with their guests, which I know a lot of coast hotels don't do. Customer service is world class here, I've stayed at 5 star hotels in London where the customer service doesn't match that of Swahili. We felt at ease and valued during our whole stay.

I will be putting pictures of our wedding just to show how amazing it really was. Despite the misinformation we have been given in the UK I wouldn't hesitate in traveling back to Swahili. We hope to return next year for our anniversary. The security in the hotel is tight, there's always security staff on the beach making sure you're not hassled. We weren't hassled once and I know in Kenya the beach boys are annoying!

Struggling to find a negative, as I like to keep my reviews impartial. The only niggle would be that more lighting is needed in the communal areas as at night walking to the restaurant from our room we used a torch. Other than that I'm ready to return as soon as possible.

Many thanks for all your hard work ladies and gents at Swahili Beach, missing you all! See you soon !!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Jemima89
Reviewed June 3, 2014

You feel like you are a guest in a Swahili Arabic Sultan's Palace....!

The hotel design is superb Swahili style architecture and the interiors are tasteful and modern and yet continue and blend excellently with the Swahili Arabic theme.... stunning.

Stayed in the superior room 25 and Suite 26 and ..... Wow!

Not a single tile is used anywhere in the room - not even the bathrooms which make the finishes used very unique and the luxurious experience is A1.

The cascading and inter-connecting swimming pools are a joy to bubble around and swim in and the water is nice and warm.

The private sun beds and bar facing the ocean are great places to chill out.

The pool bar and restaurant cocktails and food are very well prepared and the main restaurant is an experience of lovely architecture combined with a wonderful food spread!

Now here is the only main drawback ...... not much of a beach fronts the hotel which is a shame but not their fault. The white sand of Diani beaches are world famous but unfortunately this hotel doesn't have the best location for beach lovers.

Room Tip: Ask for the superior rooms - a little more expenseive but.... worth it!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family