$200
$179
Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
$123
$101
  • Pool
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Breakfast included
$174
$129
  • Breakfast included
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
$344
$220
Bahari Dhow Beach Villas(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$57
All reviewscascading poolsswahili architecturespice routebeach barbeautiful hotelsouth coastrain showerbreakfast and dinnersuperior roomrooms are spaciousindian cuisinesamosashalf boardguest relationsspecial thanksmain restaurantlarge pool
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Had a 1-night stay in early May at Swahili Beach and had a lovely time. Food was excellent with such a wide variety for dinner and breakfast! Lunch was at the Beach bar..very nice! My room was No85 which has a lovely sunken bath and rain shower. The bed was huge! View from the verandah was also nice. The best part of the hotel, the 8 pools that led down to the beach! Wow!! Seriously impressed with the hotel, not a typical beach hotel. Not forgetting the spa which had wide open views of the sea where the mani-pedis are done although I did not have time for one. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Barefoot_Gachie
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Swahili beach is the best place to be.at first I was not happy with services. But when I visited the spa i have to say the people in the spa makes one feel so at home that u forget all the other problems in the hotel.Martha the tall lady in the spa thank you very much for making our stay in Swahili beach worth while .The recipe you gave me for my face it worked miracle's .soon am coming with my friends and maybe you can help them also keep up Martha

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Spent four days here last week and absolutely loved it. The rooms are great and well maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful. They organised a birthday cake and song for one of our friends (thanks Amani) which was great. The selection of food at the main restaurant is quite varied and will cater for almost all tastes. The pools were lots of fun, but the beach is mostly only fine at high tide when you swim out beyond the sea weed, as there is quite a bit of it. Overall, twas a great experience, will definitely go back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2014

For the third consecutive year, I spent 2 weeks at the Swahili Beach. This time, I even enlarged the party and had my parents, my sister, her husband and their toddler come along.

We all had booked superior rooms. When my partner and I checked in (one day before the rest of our party), we were upgraded to a suite. Wow ! Unexpected, yet, highly appreciated. The suite is simply astonishing, huge, stylishly furnished as the other rooms, with a huge terrace overlooking the ocean (the following days, my sister's toddler was running around in our suite, playing hide and seek – it was so big !)

We had all booked rooms on upper floors, but upon arrival, my father's health didn't enable him to walk up stairs, so another room on the ground floor had to be allocated to my parents. We were on half board, but some days, my father couldn't make it to the buffet, and Management was kind and understanding enough to allow my Mum to tour the buffet, select their food which was then kindly delivered to their room without any extra charge for this service.

Rooms (superior and/or suite) are brilliant; food (morning/evening buffet, the complimentary 10AM fruit spikes around the pool as well as the 4PM tea/coffee/snacks, or whatever food ordered at the Beach/Pool area) was great. I challenge anyone not to find something tasty to eat !
Premises as beautiful as we remembered. The only negative thing I wish to mention is the fact that the pool water was not as clear as in the 2 previous years. Still nice, but the underwater pictures we took are quite blur compared to last years ! Not a big issue, but should be looked after, since these infinity pools are so so great, and it’s a pity when they turn slightly turquoise/green !

Staff, as last times was kind, helpful and doing its utmost to please the guests. Whatever we asked for was dealt with to our entire satisfaction. Yes, some might argue that service can sometimes be a bit slow, but, hey, aren't you on holidays? What's the big deal to wait 10-15 minutes for your drink when you can enjoy the views over the pool and/or the beach? Too bad that some of the staff I knew from previous stays was either no longer working there, or was on days off. Those I still knew and who were on shifts during our stay greeted us with hugs and kisses each time we came across them in any of the departments. They seemed as happy to see us again as we were.

Special thanks to Amani, Michael, Mr Kelly and his son Amer, Julius, Griffin (who amused my little nephew on a daily basis!), Tsama, Mary, Esther, Eliud, Alex, Adams, the askaris and all the others I haven't named here. Me and my family are extremely grateful for your kindness, politeness, availability, service-oriented attitude and your smiles ! You all made our holiday memorable.

Asante sana na tutaonana mwaka ujau !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kalinou
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We got the free upgrade to superior room. They combined 2 beds into one but it didnt really bother us. The place was fantastic, though the beach was full of seaweed - the pool was all we needed! They food was good as well, not the best ive had according to some other reviews but good. I would recommend anyone making a trip down to stay at SBR.

Room Tip: Ask for a couples upgrade.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple