“Amazing and the food!”

Swahili Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A really nice and friendly hotel with that little extra! we never had the buffé, but we had dinner almost every night at one of the three different restaurants. Don't miss the lobster! And don't miss The spice route! A large pool and a magnificent wiev. It's worth the trouble getting there.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place was AMAZING.
ok maybe I am a little exaggerating.
but genuinely it was good.
the Rooms were very good, room service was very good.
food was veryyyyy good.
loved the pool.. (infinity pool)

the only complaint I have was the WiFi.
that was very poor..

otherwise, great place to stay.
it is also right across a small shopping mall, which I found convenient, when I needed a few things :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Swahili beach is a lovely hotel, we stayed for a few days before and after our fantastic Masai Mara trip with JT Safaris.
Rooms lovely, pools lovely, beach ok but small but like everywhere in Mombasa the beach boys are a pest so going on the beach is an ordeal anyway. We only booked bed and breakfast. Breakfast buffet was nice - the usual standard. We did eat at the other restaurants a couple of times and can recommend the Spice route and Zanzibar (although we were unaware when this was open so they need to put a sign out with times/days on it!)

Would probably return to this hotel if we go back to Mombasa in the fututre.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cally f
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Visited because heard good reviews about this place.

Rooms are beautiful, tastefully decorated, good ammenities.

Staff on the other hand are not very accommodating to requests, give off an attitude of not being bothered.

Dinner buffet nothing special, very bland and not huge vegetarian variety. Food from restaurants not amazing.

Lighting around resort in the evening is poor, needed to use torch on my iphone to reach my room, all lights off after 11pm!

Asked by manager to stop taking photos on the grounds, he said we would have needed to ask permission and then asked us to 'stop what we were doing?' Would there be any point of asking for permission?

Spa very peaceful however needs a lot of work to streamline and make it a truly relaxing experience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kizal C
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Great resort for a peaceful and relaxed holiday great food great location and the most amazing pool streches from the reception all the way to the beach with white smooth sand .Rooms were amazing and spacious with the most amazing sunken bath and rain shower with mellow swahili accents the TV channels were not working and service needs a silight attention but nevertheless this is my location of choice everytime I am in mombasa and hours flight from nairobi and 5 mims drive to the hotel from the ukunda airstrip with every thing close to the hotel supermarket pharmacy shopping etc

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Al-Karim A
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our last stop on our Kenyan safari/beach vacation. If you are planning this type of trip, do the safari first!!!! You will have lots of early mornings and riding around in the bust gets your dirty and wears you out. Having the beach at the end is the perfect way to unwind.

Swahili Beach resort is beautiful! The cascading infinity pools is so unique and nice. It almost affords each guest to have their own private pool if they like which we really enjoyed. The main pool is huge and has a swim up bar which every resort should have in my opinion. The beach area is fantastic and allows you to lie under the shade of the palm trees if you like or out in the sun. There is a restaurant/bar down there which even gives you service while you lay there.

Our room was huge!!! The bathroom and shower was just unbelievable. I know want to remodel my bathroom into something like this. I cannot say enough great things about our room. We enjoyed having the outdoor patio along with the sitting area. We were on the second floor facing the pool and could see it along with the water. It wasn't the best of views of either due to all the trees and vegetation but I am not going to complain because walking around I appreciated them for the beauty and shade.
The only real negative I can write about this place was the drink prices. They were very inflated in my opinion. It was not abnormal for our bar bill to be twice the price of our food during meals from me and my girlfriend and that was just from having 2 bottles of the cheapest wine they offered. The mixed drinks averaged about $10 a piece and I often wondered if it even had alcohol in them. This is why I marked down the value a point. Also, we never really figured out why they did the billing the way they do also. After every round you ordered they brought you another receipt to sign and bill to your room. Why they didn't just run a tab and sign at the end, we never figured out. We would sit out on the beach all day (in the same chair), order a few rounds of drinks along with food and end up signing 6-7 receipts instead of one at the end. It seemed to put more stress on the servers and very inefficient going back and forth bringing receipts as opposed to taking and bringing out orders. The last thing I will mention are the beach boys. They exist everywhere but I just get so annoyed by them. The second you start heading from the safety of the resort to the water, they come after you. They can be pretty relentless and will sometimes even follow you out into the water. You have to be extremely direct and then resort to ignoring them for them to finally leave. This will seem impolite, especially for folks from the U.S. who are not used to this type of thing.
Even with those small issues, I would highly recommend this place and would go back again in a second.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yehonatan M
Reviewed February 11, 2014

They make it worth it for every penny you spend. everything about this place is awesome.From location to staff everything is perfect. the food is lovely and wow their swimming pool is amazing. it is the best holiday location both with family or solo.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo