“Short family break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Diani Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Short family break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed with my family (parents, brother and fiance') for four days in August. We found the hotel to be beautiful and well equipped. The staff were helpful and accommodating.

Upon arrival, Julius K was efficient in checking us in and giving us a brief overview of the hotel and facilities. We were offered cocktails and shown to our rooms.

The rooms were large and comfortable with AC, fans and mosquito nets. The bathroom was spacious and unlike other reviews had no issues with cold showers!

We were informed of afternoon tea between 4-5 pm which was free of charge to all residents. Three members of our group don't eat eggs and the chef was kind enough to offer eggless alternatives to the snacks already provided.

We also found the pools and pool bar to be lovely!

Overall, the service was very good and they went beyond their means to ensure that our stay was pleasant as well as ensuring our special requests were met and exceeded.

We look forward to visiting in the near future!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Camilla2point1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is just fantastic! The architecture is very swahili and the entire hotel is just absolutely beautiful...quite scenic. The staff are friendly and helpful.

We stayed at this hotel for four days with some of my colleagues and we all loved it.

We were well received with a yummy cocktail and a cold towel, they had some tea and pastries ready for us, and the check in process was pretty smooth.

The rooms are just beautifully done and so spacious. No one complained of any noise outside their rooms.

The food was amazing, we especially loved the pizzas at the beach bar and the main restaurant also had good food.

The pools are beautiful and the poolside service was pretty good, towels were availed and the waiters were always on hand to refresh our cocktails..:-)

The spa was just perfect, I had the best massage.

The hotel is very conveniently located near quite a number of restaurants, beach bars, supermarkets, banks.

Check out was also pretty fast and no complaints on the bills.

All in all I would recommend this hotel, it may be a bit pricy but well worth it.

I had an amazingly fantastic stay. I will be back for another stay soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank victoriamwende
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a company event at this place and I must say we were very pleasantly surprised. We were very impressed by the scenic beauty of this property and were even more impressed by the quality of service and friendliness the staff provided to our group.
The food was amazing, especially the seafood choices at dinner. At the breakfast buffet, the indian delicacies like chana bathura, potato wada, etc were so yum and well prepared, with a very friendly chef at the live kitchen.
They have a few options for team building activities. We tried the pool volleyball and darts. The staff member responsible for the activities was very friendly and was very helpful in setting up the events.
I tried the Spa and the Gym and was happy with the service I received at both these places.
The beach was a bit of a disappointment with the seaweeds covering most of the area.
I am definitely visiting this place very soon with my family. Don't want them to miss a place like this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RR M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days in November 2012. The resort had only just opened and as the owner said, "we are finding our way". The hotel is stunning, with a great beach bar and a brilliant swimming pool. We had a 'Suite' that just sheer luxury; needed a map to negotiate it! The facilities and staff were excellent. At the time of our stay, the restaurant had a lot to improve upon. In fairness, it was early days for the hotel. We are very familiar with Kenya as our Son lives in Mombasa.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the suites are spectacular.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice as well all the hotel staff. The food was excellent and rich in varieties. I would advice it for a week maximum. The only negative point was the presence of see weds but unfortunately April is not the lucky season. If u are resident you get a better price!

• Stayed April 2013
Mombasa, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I will start by saying that the Swahili beach hotel looks amazing and the infinity pool is very nice.

I visited this establishment with a couple of my friends earlier this year to check out the pool as a friend had recommended it. We got to reception and asked the lady there how much it would cost to use their pool facilities for the day. She didn't seem to know how much it would cost and left us standing there will she consulted somebody else (or perhaps to find out from the manager if it would be okay to let us through?) A few minutes later she returns with the figure which I thought was quite steep considering you can pay half that at any of the neighbouring facilities. However, since we were already there we thought why not.

We got to the pool closest to the beach with receipts it hand and went to the 'kibanda' to get towels where we were told they would be brought to us shortly. 15 minutes and 2 visits back to the kibanda and we still had not gotten towels. We literally had to stand there and wait while to found some for us.

The pool is very nice and we had quite a bit of fun sampling all the different sections. However, there was a guest there swimming with her baby in diapers (eeewwwwwwwwwww!) and when we mentioned this to one of they staff they simply ignored our concerns.

We ordered lunch and it took forever to get to us. I hate to go there but it seems that the hotel staff are more anxious to serve the tourists than they are to serve locals. All in all it was one of our less enjoyable visits to the hotels in the South Coast which my friends and I are fond of sampling.

I am giving this hotel a 'poor' rating simply because I haven't had the opportunity of sampling the rooms, even though my first instinct is to give it a 'terrible'.

I actually was checking Trip Advisor for reviews on this hotel as one of my friends from the UK asked me to check it out for them and give my opinion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Angelicdisgrace
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is fairly new so is in immaculate condition and very boutique in style.
Bedrooms and bathrooms are large, selection at buffet was great and changed daily.
This is defiantly 5 stars and doesn't charge for its gym unlike Leopard beach.
The only downside is it only has a very small beach but to be honest the swimming pool compensated for this as it is massive but stylish too with the top pool being an infinity pool.
Would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family