“Special Dinner ;)”

Sails Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Diani Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the beach front within Almanara, this breathtaking piece of architecture is both stunning and unique. The sweeping sails and curving beams create an ambience unparalleled on the east coast of Africa. Executive Chef Luke Doig & his team are on hand for lunch and dinner to bring to you a variety of international flavours perfect for any mood. Fresh seafood is delivered daily by the local fishermen, allowing guests to sample all that the Indian Ocean has to offer.
Reviewed June 1, 2012

By fare one of the best restaurants on the south coast , if you want to impress a special some one then this is the place , grate food served in a fantastic spot , was pleasantly surprised at the bill , very reasonable considering what you get .

Leandro G, Executive Chef & GM at Sails Beach Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that we're your go to spot when looking to impress! And i'm glad to read that we lived up to your expectations.

Come back and visit us next time you're in Diani.

Best,

Luke Doig

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just love this place, so have decided to write a short review.
Excellent food, service and location, location,location....
Cant beat it, don't go to Diani without eating here...

1  Thank howzitman
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very very chic beach bar. The food portions are small but delicious - Noveau cooking hence the portion size. Very well presented with excellent service and views to die for!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We ate here for lunch and returned for an evening meal later in our holiday. On both occasions both the service and the food were fabulous and you should definitely go!
The restaurant is beautifully designed, the seating is comfortable and you get fabulous views out to the Indian Ocean.
On both occasions I had soup of the day to start and they were delicious! I tried the traditional fish and chips and the fish is THE BEST fish I've ever had! When we ate here in the evening I had steak and it was perfectly cooked medium rare so it just melted in my mouth!
The ice-creams and desserts are to die for!
The service from all the staff was perfect and I would definitely recommend Sails.

1  Thank CookieTin

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was great to have you guys with us at Almanara, and i'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meals at Sails.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best,

Luke Doig

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We had a delicious dinner at Sails - the food was exceptional - three of us went for the seafood platter which consisted of lobster, prawns, fish, crab and calamari. All delicious and with a chili butter sauce. I had a salad with it which was also yummy, lettuce tomato and Parmesan. And then for dessert (though we didn't have much space) - I had chocolate mousse which was not as bitter as I like a mousse but still delicious! The atmosphere was lovely, we also recommend Dawas to start!