$135
$121
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$169
$130
$112
  • Pool
Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
$71
$186
$94
  • Breakfast included
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
$349
$165
$208
$164
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Bahari Dhow Beach Villas(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$58
$55
Orbitz.com
$157
Priceline
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $248/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2015

1st of all the booking was flawless thanks to Mr Juma whose professionalism and guest relations was impeccable.

I was picked up at Ukunda airstrip at no cost at all and was received very warmly upon my arrival.

I had initially booked a standard room and I was greatly surprised when I arrived because I was upgraded to the stylish Colobus Cottage which came with everything you would expect from a resort of a high standard.

Everything mechanical was in top condition from the mini refrigerator to the AC and overhead fan above the bed (which comes in handy if you don’t want to use the mosquito net)
A variety of fresh towels in the bathroom to dry yourself off after a hot shower plus a large supply of shower gel and shampoo. My room was regularly maintained by a charismatic housekeeper Mr Dan that took care of my room and any amenities I needed.

Right outside of my cottage was another cottage which was the kitchen. This was where the magic happened because I got to be spoiled by the culinary expertise of Mr Naphtalie who was my chef for the entire 3 week stay.
There is nothing he could not prepare. I would tell him what I wanted for breakfast lunch and dinner and he would go out and purchase the freshest of ingredients. He is very professional and can prepare anything from exquisite continental meals to delicious local cuisine.

The resort has a number of trusted taxi personnel that are a phone call away to take you wherever you want to go at the standard rates

Mr Juma is as good as they come. On the morning of my 3rd day I had found that I had lost my wallet after coming back from late night activities...ahem. I was horrified to not be able to find it as I called all the places I visited. I was so disappointed with myself for being so careless. It was then that Mr Juma came up to me and asked me everything is okay. I told him my situation and in the most matter of fact way he produces my wallet asks me to check if anything was missing. At that point I didnt care I was damn near ready to breakdance.
It turns out I had dropped it in the evening when I was getting out of the taxi.

Forest Dream Resort will get nothing but 5 star praise from me. What an amazing environment, what amazing people and what an amazing stay.

I have a 3 day holiday coming up in September and I look forward to seeing you all again.

Room Tip: Colobus Cottages. Not a day goes by where you wont see the monkeys during certain times of the day.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank ShandaMcyanda
Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

My partner and I visited out of season. And we'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

The place was immaculate. We were given a free upgrade without asking.

As the restaurant was closed, we were offered a personal chef... Zuhura. She was wonderful. The food was divine and nothing was too much trouble.

Juma was super amazing and helpful too. Great guy... a real fixer and a gentleman.

Cannot rate this resort too highly.

Maybe even honeymoon material.

Thank you so so much for everything. The memories will last a lifetime!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Claire D
Reviewed April 9, 2015

We stayed at Forest Dream Resort for 5 days in April 2015, it was a truly fantastic experience. We arrived directly from a safari, and Juma the receptionist showed us to our room. It was a beautiful cottage, very clean and spacious. Because of the low season we had the whole place to ourselves for most of the stay. For some that might seem strange, but we really enjoyed it, it was exactly what we needed to finish up our holiday.
Juma and the rest of the staff (sorry I forgot the names of everyone!) were warm and welcoming, polite and kind, and very helpful with everything. Juma helped me out when my luggage was lost, and was very friendly and helpful all the way.
The security guards were such nice guys, they even gave us some Swahili lessons! The pool man was always there for us, to chase away the cheeky monkeys out to steal our coconuts, or to teach us about the different kinds of primates. The gardeners were sweet and polite, and even climbed up the palm trees to serve us fresh coconuts!
Our driver was very nice and helpful when we had to drive around for a while, and he also drove us and picked us up at different places than the standard drop off/pic up spots.
Since we were there all alone we had our own private chef, a very nice man. He was helpful and gave us some advice, and the freshly squeezed juices for breakfast are highly recommended! He was an amazing cook and he seemed to really enjoy cooking Swahili dishes for us – if you ever go there and meet him, try the garlic grilled prawns! Since Amisi was such an amazing cook we had several more meals at the resort than originally planned.

The grounds around the cabins are beautifully taken care of, and the monkeys are a lot of fun!
No complaints what so ever! I would warmly recommend Forest Dream to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheaB55
safarikees, Eigenaar at Forest Dream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2015

Dear sir/madam
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am sorry I was not around to welkom you but I see that the staff have given you all the care you deserve at Forest dream.
Thanks Again
Kees van Velzen

Reviewed March 6, 2015

The whole process from booking to checking out was so easy and the staff couldn't have been more helpful!

We booked directly through the hotel who explained clearly the prices of everything and helped us organise very reasonable transfers (4500Ksh) from Mombasa Airport in our own private vehicle.

When we got to Mombasa, our driver, Patrick, picked us up at 8:40pm and drove us the 2 hour journey to the hotel in Diani. Though beware, most of this journey is spent in a massive queue for the ferry crossing over the river in Mombasa so if it's at all possible, try to book flights with the airline Safarilink from Nairobi Wilson airport to Ukunda Airstrip (5-10 minutes drive from the hotel).

We arrived at about 10:30pm and although we couldn't check in, we had pre-arranged a meal to be cooked for us when we arrived. We were dropped off at the hotel, dumped out bags in the room and were served a really wonderful meal straight away by very welcoming chefs.

The next morning we woke up for breakfast once again lovingly served by an employed chef, the service they give makes you feel very welcome and very special. We later checked in at reception where we discovered that because we were the only guests at the hotel for the rest of the week they had upgraded our room to a luxury room! Checking in was very easy and effortless, all paper work is prepared so you can quickly get on with the day's proceedings.

The free shuttle the hotel runs at various intervals during the day is very useful to get to the beach, it drops you at a perfect area on the beach with seating and a bar/restaurant so is also good for dinners in the evening. If you need a taxi when the shuttle is not operating the hotel are more than happy to organise a taxi for you, saving you a lot of effort which is amazing.

Even though the hotel facilities were not available to us, the hotel made sure our stay was as good at high season. The staff allowed us to use the private villa pool and were more than happy to organise a dinner last minute if needed.

The Monkeys around the hotel provide excellent entertainment and are fascinating to watch when your relaxing. They can be a bit micheviois, we had a few pieces of toast stolen at breakfast and a few more attempts, but you can only laugh.

The staff cleaned our room everyday to a very high standard, fresh towels and a cleaned bed everyday, the cleanliness cannot be faulted!

Room Tip: The Bed and Breakfst option is a must, you can wake up and have breakfast served directly outside your room no need for an early morning drive to a restaurant!
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joshua W
Reviewed September 3, 2014

We stayed there for 4 nights middle of august and really enjoyed the nice jungle athmosphere around us. We were the only guests as Kenia was completely empty because of the terrorist attacks. We were lucky and received an upgrade to a nice villa with own swimming pool. Also we had an own cook, Humphrey, who cooked us very delicious meals.
We enjoyed our stay a lot, but be aware that this is not a typical hotel like all the other big coast-hotels at Diani beach. Even in high season (when fully booked) this hotel is different. There is no animation, the cooking is more a la carte and the whole service is more personal. But for us it was perfect...
Every day there is a free ride to the Sands of Nomad beachbar included (there you pay 600 for a sunbed / day), which is very nice. We also went to the 40 Thieves beach bar, which was also really great.
All in all we can recommend this resort for people, who don't like the typical hotel vacation so much and want to discover something else, more personal.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiigeri
safarikees, Owner at Forest Dream Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

Dear Tiigeri

Thank you so much for your review!
I wish I could thank you in person for your review. It seems that there are only very few people left over who want to go to the coast aria because of the securety situation at this moment. However we have not experienced any problem at our resort and so have our clients.
As you must have noticed we have only 20% of the staff we normally have.
We try to give you and other tourist all the extra services possible to keep them happy and in your case we go an extra mile to do so. We are so happy that you appreciate that extra service and realize that on this moment we do what we can to survive this difficult times.
It is great for us to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and understand the situation we are in fully. Thanks again, and we hope to see you back soon.
Best regards