Aware of all the rave reviews below, I'm going to rate this property from an objective point of view. On the plus side, its literally on the beach, the common living room areas are really lovely - with attention to detail such as board games, plush pillows to lounge, and a decent restaurant. This is also the kite surfing hub of Diani and they seem to do a good job of teaching and building the kite community. The way the place is set up really encourages people to socialise with each other, and I can understand why some of the travelers say they wished they had stayed a month.
Basically, this place is a backpackers - in South Africa, or Europe or Asia, one would expect to pay around 20 - 30 USD per night. Instead, Kenyaaways charges about 100+ us dollars per night for a double. The price does not at all reflect quality. The room we got (Park) is one of their newest rooms. The website portrays lovely photos, taken with wide angle lens - obviously they spent more money on the camera than on the room itself. In reality, most of their rooms are hugely run-down, really old, weary. mattress quality is very cheap, no extra blankets. You see beautiful photos and you end up in a drab room with a bed and mosquito net - don't expect better. And you will pat over a hundred dollars for this. Granted Diani is expensive, but I think you can do better by looking around further.
If you are indeed going to book this place, do it for the sun, sand, and ability to hang out with fellow travellers. Do not do it for the rooms or the service,. both of which are pretty awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kenyaways bed & breakfast Diani Beach is a family run B&B holiday villa right on a beautiful Diani beach. Kenyaways only has 11 bedrooms, 5 with seaview, beach facing. One is a self catering apartment. Kenyaways is exclusive yet reasonably priced for travelers and holiday makers for families, couples or single travellers. The Kenyaways beach villa is colorful and friendly and has a relaxing vibe and a magnificent view of the beach. It is convenient for onward travel, general relaxation, water sports, communications, shopping and nightlife. Kenyaways is especially attractive for kite surfers and surfers. Kenyaways Diani Beach has a watersports centre and kite surf school offering kite surf lessons and IKO kitesurf courses to beginners and intermediates. The kite school is Diani Beach's leading kite surf school and offer a professional service all year round. Diving is also an option for the less wind days and there is an amazing tropical coral reef which runs parallel to the beach where you can see many colorful interesting coral and fish as well as turtles and dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kenyaways Beach Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenyaways Beach Bed And Breakfast & Restaurant
- Kenyaways Beach Bed & Breakfast & Restaurant Hotel Diani