“One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Almanara Luxury Villas

Almanara Luxury Villas
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Diani Beach
london
“One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

From the moment we arrived at Almanara we were greeted with cocktails, cool flannels and a warm smile, the villa's are immaculate and decorated to a very high standard, we had our own personal butler, chef & house keeper, sails restaurant is excellent and the food is exquisite, we couldn't get enough of the home made appertisers, and the fresh fish platters will stay in my memory for many years to come,
The staff were very accommodating, always willing to help, I loved the fact that you're private butler would also look after you at sails restaurant on the beach, we did try a few other restaurants but couldn't wait to get back to Almanara, the atmosphere is relaxed,
The swimming pool has a natural feel to it, and is surrounded by big comfy double lounges, it was very quiet with the exception of a few monkeys swinging from the trees, I enjoyed watching the sun go down from my roof terrace,
Beds are comfortable, and house keeping prepare you're room ever night with mosquito nets.
The only down side is trying to adjust back to normality upon my return home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stockholm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

We had great expectations of Almanara and it had all the prerequisites for giving us a fantastic vacation. The location was fantastic and the staff very friendly. But, unfortunately, the management did not measure up to what we had expected and this prevented us from fully enjoying our stay. One example (of many) was that our “personal and dedicated chef” was exchanged without warning or explanation not one, but two times during our four day stay. And both times this caused communication problems between the chefs. When we asked our waiter we were told the chefs had been “needed by other guests”. All in all we got the distinct feeling that Almanara distinguishes between guests.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank anma67
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We have returned from Almanara with nothing to say but positives. Everything you read in other reviews is completely true. The villas are amazing. Every comfort you could wish for is there, the villas are beautifully furnished and appointed, the bathrooms that are en-suite to every bedroom are fantastic and the roof top lounge areas are a great idea.The resort is designed so each villa feels incredibly private, you are not likely to meet other guests unless you meet them in the pool, which we never did as everytime we used the pool we were the only people there even though the resort was fully booked, or walking to & from the beach.

On arrival you are greeted by the staff that will be with you for the duration of your stay, along with a welcome cocktail. The staff comprise of butler, chef & maid. Our staff were great, but i am sure that the quality of all the staff is of the same standard. All of your meals are personally prepared in your villa, so all you need to do is relax, take in the fantastic location & relax. The beach is very quiet, Almanara is on Diani Beach which is stunning.

I was taken ill during the trip. The resort arranged for me to be taken to the local hospital, where unfortunately I had to spend several nights. The resort, in particular Angie who manages the place, were so good that I will be forever greatful to them. My wife had a driver and vehicle at her disposal at any time to take her to & from the hospital, which helped me as it put my mind completely at ease. Being taken ill on vacation is something everybody dreads and in Africa you are likely to be very sceptical of the type of treatment you might recieve. Not only were the resort and staff great, the Diani Beach Hospital took such good care of me that if I could recomend a hospital to be ill in, it would be there!! To know that you can be looked after so well medically and your family protected and cared for so well gives you a great deal of comfort.

We'll go back again to Almanara next year...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
kigali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed at a similar resort called Msambweni last time and they are equally wonderful in terms of luxury but whereas the first has a private pool and is more cosy; the accommodation at Almanara is unbeatable, the staff (including a personal chef, butler and housekeeper) are lovely, the massages wonderful. I could not have had a nicer stay and look forward to going back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

Our group of 6 adults arrived here after a very busy week where most of us went on a safari and spent some time in Nairobi, busily seeing the sights. It was a welcome change to come to Almanara and have everything taken care of in such a splendid, but relaxed way. We enjoyed every moment. One day, a group went snorkeling while another group just relaxed by the beach in the most idyllic setting. Another day, a group went kayaking while another again just relaxed by the beach. We enjoyed time by the beautiful pool and walking through the lovely grounds. The house, the grounds, the pool, the beach...everything was immaculate and extremely well cared for. The house was beautifully furnished, but extremely comfortable at the same time. It was conducive to time spent together.
The staff could not have been nicer. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and well taken care of. They were friendly and helpful, often anticipating what we wanted before we even asked. We were a group of Americans traveling over Thanksgiving and they had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner planned for us which was perfection, right down to the stuffing and pumpkin pie.
I have never written a review for Tripadvisor before, although I use it all the time when we are making decisions about travel. I felt so strongly about Almanara that I vowed I would definitely write when I returned from our vacation. It was so nice after a whirlwind of safari and sightseeing to travel to such a beautiful place and to experience such exceptional hospitality. I have never experienced anything like this before. I hope to go back some day, but stay much, much longer. Thanks so much to Vivian, Wolex, and Morrdy to making our stay so amazing!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kbb10seven
istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

It was an unforgettable experience for all of us. Rooms, service, food, service... Everything was really good. Also arrangements for trips such as safari, local village.. was really professional and very good.
Thank you for everything.
We will definitely choose this palace again for our future visits to Mombasa, and recommend to everybody.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

On arrival at Almanara all the staff greeted us singing and dancing in their native tongue, handing out freshly made cocktails, i knew this was going to be the holiday of a lifetime. The beautiful villas oosed luxury and elegance, spacious rooms and the biggest bath i have ever had the priviledge of swimming in, made this place the ultimate relaxtion getaway. Each morning the incredibly freindly staff catered our breakfast to our precise specification, and no request was ever to much of a challenge.
Days filtered away spending time by the pool, or lazing on the day beds at the beach, and feasting on freshly caught seafood and shellfish at the on site restaurant and bar 'Sails'. The Outstanding architecture of this outside structure, literally resembles a beautiful array of sails, completmented at night by soothing coloured lights, and the ocean's soft tones are the setting for the ultimate dining experience.Try one of their amazing cocktails, i throughly recommened the 'Dawa' to start you off.
The stunning Indian Ocean is literally on your door step at Almanara, bright white sands and jewel turquoise sea are the perfect setting for a romantic walk on the beach, or playing football with your freinds.Take the Unglalawa boat out to sea and visit the sand islands (tide permitting) to experience snorkling at its best.
Overall my experience at Almanara and the people i met there on my travels will always stay with me for the rest of my life, it is a truly inspiring place and one that i will never forget. I would throughly recommend anyone to stay here.

Sheri Webb,