“my rejuvenating holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Diani Beach
Rome, Italy
“my rejuvenating holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Despite my concerns of Africa I took the plane and had a two week holiday in Diani, at the Almanara resort. Many places can offer quality, luxury or excellent service, delicious food, comfort.... Almanara with its friendly atmosphere manages to combine all this as well as making you feel at home in a heavenly surrounding.
With its long white sandy beaches and emerald ocean I thought I would be able to loose a few Kgs, however on my return I managed to gain some.....must have been the lobster!
Definetely a place to go back to, I'm already planning my next visit ;)
Pina

Room Tip: they are all excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank pina b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed at Almanara between 2 safaris to relax and have some beach time. Almanara delivered on this 1000%! It's difficult to find where to start writing as everything was perfect!

Upon arrival, we were welcomed with cool towels and flowers. Gemma showed us around our villa (Adriana), introduced us to our staff and addressed any questions we had. She even provided us with a mobile phone to contact them at anytime if we needed anything. From the start, we knew we were in the right place!

Rama, Wolex and Moddie were on hand if we needed anything and always with a smile. The food was of the best we had an east Africa- very fresh and accommodated all of our food restrictions. Moddie left lovely messages in our rooms each day all with flowers and stems. Rama took note of the wine we liked and stocked up on extra without having to ask. They even prepared sunset snacks for us each day while we sat on the rooftop.

We took advantage of the spa and enjoyed it so much the first day we booked again the next! As you can tell, we enjoyed the resort so much- it was hard for us to leave the property. We did pull ourselves away and take a snorkel trip and a trip to the local market. It was all arranged seamlessly for us.

I would highly recommend Almanara to anyone coming to Kenya. It was the perfect addition to our safari- and we hope to return soon!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Archana D
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

I found this resort amongst the best I have ever been. The service and the food are top but the real added value is the sense of hospitality and the friendly atmosphere you can not miss while there. I think the world is wide and plenty of beautiful places to visit so I tend not to go back to the same destination..well this is the first time in 25 years I am planning to go back to Almanara Resort... and soon!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Daniela B
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Love this place, excellent beach and by far the best Restaurant on the south coast (Sails)...
Excellent rooms & Service, cant say enough about the whole package.
Will definitely be back...keep it up

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank howzitman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

If you are looking for an ultra private romantic getaway with your spouse/lover this is the place you want to be. These are private villas with your own housekeeper, butler and chef. No need to leave your villa.

When I was there in February the weather on Diani was unfortunately cloudy and not great so we spent the majority of the time in the villa which was unfortunate since I was not there with my spouse nor lover. The beach is beautiful, the only downfall is that the villas are not "directly" on the beach. It is a little walk to get there.

The food was fantastic. Our chef prepared any and all requests and was delicious. The housekeeper was kind and lovely and our butler could not have been more attentive to our needs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank rachelnyc17
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This review is long overdue. My boyfriend and I stayed at Almanara for 4 days at the end of our Kenyan safari trip in September 2011. Everything about the place was amazing. The staff and management greet you with delicious cocktails upon your arrival and provide a tour of your private villa. During your stay you have a personal chef, butler and housekeeper to attend to your every need and desire. A driver is also available to take you shopping or on tours. The accomodations were splendid, with lots of outdoor living and dining space.

Our chef prepared delicious meals 3 times a day using all fresh ingredients. I'm a picky eater so the chef would make different entrees for me and my boyfriend. We ate lots of seafood and the breads and desserts are amazing. We never ate at the on-site restaurant, Sails, as our chef was able to prepare every dish we wanted. I also celebrated my 40th birthday while there and was treated to a delicious birthday cake and a special chair decorated in lovely flowers from the property (a "princess chair"). We wanted for nothing during our short 4-day stay and wished that we could have extended our stay. The grounds are nicely kept and private. There was a group of 6 at the resort at the same time but we rarely saw them, except one day by the pool.

We spent our days lounging at the beach or pool and went snorkeling and on a boat ride. The in-town shopping was great too! Although small, the spa was wonderful with prices much lower than you'd pay for in the states. I went twice while there.

No need to bring your computer as there is an office nook with a computer and free high-speed internet for those who can't resist staying in touch with the rest of the world.

Almanara is pricier than other places in the area, however, if you want luxury accomodations, then Almanara is for you. I cannot say enough about this place and hope to have an opportunity to visit again in the near future. Many thanks to Angie, Rama, Grace and Bonie (sp?) for making our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PFlan
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Almanara is a little heaven :) Absolutely gorgeous place. Fantastic people, delicious food. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends