Almanara Luxury Villas
$115
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
$419
$375
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
  • Pool
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
$146
$160
Kinondo Kwetu(Diani Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssails restaurantpersonal chefrooftop terracepersonal villalobsterimagine africadaily chatscasa bellashort strollbest beach in the worldfresh cakestook advantage of the spaon arrivalvillas setred snapperprivate chefliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This review is long overdue. My boyfriend and I stayed at Almanara for 4 days at the end of our Kenyan safari trip in September 2011. Everything about the place was amazing. The staff and management greet you with delicious cocktails upon your arrival and provide a tour of your private villa. During your stay you have a personal chef, butler and housekeeper to attend to your every need and desire. A driver is also available to take you shopping or on tours. The accomodations were splendid, with lots of outdoor living and dining space.

Our chef prepared delicious meals 3 times a day using all fresh ingredients. I'm a picky eater so the chef would make different entrees for me and my boyfriend. We ate lots of seafood and the breads and desserts are amazing. We never ate at the on-site restaurant, Sails, as our chef was able to prepare every dish we wanted. I also celebrated my 40th birthday while there and was treated to a delicious birthday cake and a special chair decorated in lovely flowers from the property (a "princess chair"). We wanted for nothing during our short 4-day stay and wished that we could have extended our stay. The grounds are nicely kept and private. There was a group of 6 at the resort at the same time but we rarely saw them, except one day by the pool.

We spent our days lounging at the beach or pool and went snorkeling and on a boat ride. The in-town shopping was great too! Although small, the spa was wonderful with prices much lower than you'd pay for in the states. I went twice while there.

No need to bring your computer as there is an office nook with a computer and free high-speed internet for those who can't resist staying in touch with the rest of the world.

Almanara is pricier than other places in the area, however, if you want luxury accomodations, then Almanara is for you. I cannot say enough about this place and hope to have an opportunity to visit again in the near future. Many thanks to Angie, Rama, Grace and Bonie (sp?) for making our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PFlan
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Almanara is a little heaven :) Absolutely gorgeous place. Fantastic people, delicious food. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2011

From the moment we arrived at Almanara we were greeted with cocktails, cool flannels and a warm smile, the villa's are immaculate and decorated to a very high standard, we had our own personal butler, chef & house keeper, sails restaurant is excellent and the food is exquisite, we couldn't get enough of the home made appertisers, and the fresh fish platters will stay in my memory for many years to come,
The staff were very accommodating, always willing to help, I loved the fact that you're private butler would also look after you at sails restaurant on the beach, we did try a few other restaurants but couldn't wait to get back to Almanara, the atmosphere is relaxed,
The swimming pool has a natural feel to it, and is surrounded by big comfy double lounges, it was very quiet with the exception of a few monkeys swinging from the trees, I enjoyed watching the sun go down from my roof terrace,
Beds are comfortable, and house keeping prepare you're room ever night with mosquito nets.
The only down side is trying to adjust back to normality upon my return home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We had great expectations of Almanara and it had all the prerequisites for giving us a fantastic vacation. The location was fantastic and the staff very friendly. But, unfortunately, the management did not measure up to what we had expected and this prevented us from fully enjoying our stay. One example (of many) was that our “personal and dedicated chef” was exchanged without warning or explanation not one, but two times during our four day stay. And both times this caused communication problems between the chefs. When we asked our waiter we were told the chefs had been “needed by other guests”. All in all we got the distinct feeling that Almanara distinguishes between guests.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank anma67
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We have returned from Almanara with nothing to say but positives. Everything you read in other reviews is completely true. The villas are amazing. Every comfort you could wish for is there, the villas are beautifully furnished and appointed, the bathrooms that are en-suite to every bedroom are fantastic and the roof top lounge areas are a great idea.The resort is designed so each villa feels incredibly private, you are not likely to meet other guests unless you meet them in the pool, which we never did as everytime we used the pool we were the only people there even though the resort was fully booked, or walking to & from the beach.

On arrival you are greeted by the staff that will be with you for the duration of your stay, along with a welcome cocktail. The staff comprise of butler, chef & maid. Our staff were great, but i am sure that the quality of all the staff is of the same standard. All of your meals are personally prepared in your villa, so all you need to do is relax, take in the fantastic location & relax. The beach is very quiet, Almanara is on Diani Beach which is stunning.

I was taken ill during the trip. The resort arranged for me to be taken to the local hospital, where unfortunately I had to spend several nights. The resort, in particular Angie who manages the place, were so good that I will be forever greatful to them. My wife had a driver and vehicle at her disposal at any time to take her to & from the hospital, which helped me as it put my mind completely at ease. Being taken ill on vacation is something everybody dreads and in Africa you are likely to be very sceptical of the type of treatment you might recieve. Not only were the resort and staff great, the Diani Beach Hospital took such good care of me that if I could recomend a hospital to be ill in, it would be there!! To know that you can be looked after so well medically and your family protected and cared for so well gives you a great deal of comfort.

We'll go back again to Almanara next year...

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple