“Cozy & tasty experience”
Review of APLO Bistro

APLO Bistro
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Gialova
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The name says it all. APLO means simple. It's the last restaurant on the beach road of Gialova and it's definitely the one we needed after a full day. It has tasty dishes and it's very cozy with books and games you can borrow from the bar. Very friendly, too, and we were wined and dined with 20 euros for 2 people!

2  Thank GeorgeIsYourMan

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow! In this place is so much pragmatic fantasy, nice pragmatism...

So many ideas, such a nice spirit, good music and "coffee republic" coffee.

Aaaaaaand this is in a great great place by the sea!

I would go far to come to such place... I will come back for sure!

And... Free wifi, parking, nice crew...

1  Thank Wild tracks S
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Loved eating at the Aplo – a bistro gem amongst the more traditional tavernas along the sea front at Gialova. It provides a fresh, modern menu whilst offering traditional Greek hospitality. The service is efficient and exceptionally warm and friendly. We were made to feel very much ‘at home’ and felt truly valued as people as well as as customers. The menu is imaginative and changes daily, so you need to check out the ‘blackboard’ to see what’s on. The one constant is the delicious home-made secret-recipe giant (H)angry burger which was proving very popular with young and old! The Aplo is in an old, restored warehouse, providing a beautiful internal space with lovely, comfortable armchairs, interesting books and lots of board games – a great place to idle time away if you want to get out of the sun or when it’s a bit cooler. In the evening everyone eats outside of course – either on the raised terrace or at the water’s edge – great food, great place, great people - absolutely wonderful! Looking forward to returning.

2  Thank Simon_Hollis_2004
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I just got back from Aplo in Gialova.
And it was a surprisingly refreshing experience.

I live in this part of Greece for the last 3 years (working for a nice new hotel, guess which one anybody? ha ha) and Gialova is one of our favorite hang out places. Beach front and nicely appointed it is a nice place to visit. But the only problem until this season was that your only option to dine were traditional Greek tavernas, dont get me wrong... I like our tavernas but after a point it gets boringif you know what I mean.
Today me and my girlfriend wanted to visit Gialova and I suggested that we walk to the edge of the sea front strip because my eye had caught a new establishment... I thought we should check it out before we sat at one of the tavernas.
And it was worth the walk!!! We decided to seat at Aplo (I strongly insisted!!!) and it paid off!!!

Nice and inviting decoration that was promising for what was to come!
Aplo in Greek means simple and this is what the place delivers, simple and tasty food with loval produce. There is no printed menu because the kitchen serves dishes depending on what is available in the market each day (ok, there is asways the nice burger and I suppose the salads) but almost all other dishes change almost daily. The waiter annaounces the dishes of the day and you decide.
We had a salad, one starter and two main courses, along with three beers and the total bill was €41.60, pretty affordable I would say and above all great value for your money.

I will visit again for sure and I hope it will be open during the winter.

TIP: Try the microbrewery honey crafted beer, it will surprise you!!!

Aplo did it for us and I strongly recommend it!!!

3  Thank anquitel
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Like many of the restaurants in Gialova, Aplo is on the beachfront. The proprietor tells you the day's menu, which changes daily - hence no written menu for this establishment which serves Greek food with a modern twist. Two can eat dinner [and drink wine] for 40 euros or less - it's about 20 minutes drive from the Westin, Costa Navarino and is a perfect place if one wishes to escape from the overpriced and overcrowded restaurants there.

1  Thank hampsteadbloke