My husband and I vacationed for 5 days at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino mid September 2012. As both of our parents are natives of Greece, we take pride in visiting our families and vacationing in this beautiful country.
The resort is absolutely magnificent and the landscape is just breathtaking. The property is enormous and has a variety of services and amenities offered to guests (golfing, walking trails, water sports, philosophy tours, bike excursions, wine tasting, great gym facilities, luxurious spas for those interested, beautiful beaches and multiple refreshing pools just to name a few). The front desk is accommodating and professional. Aris, one of the poolside waiters, has an amazing personality and we looked forward to seeing him throughout our stay. The rooms are spacious, clean, and had a great view of the Ionian Sea. The hotel is magical in it's setting, the land is enriched with history and is worthy of it's 5 star rating.
Breakfast was also amazing! The hotel provided a delicious and extensive assortment of options and we always looked forward to it every morning.
However, the same cannot be said about the remaining dining experience at the resort. The restaurants have 5 star prices, but not 5 star quality or service. At Barbouni Beach Bar, our server was in a hurry, not engaging, annoyed and indifferent when asked details about the menu (language is not a barrier as my husband and I are both fluent in both Greek & English), never made eye contact and simply dropped off the tab on the table without stopping or muttering a word. The quality of food was just as disappointing, however, the beauty of the sea was able to offset our experience.
We also ate at Pero Restaurant on multiple occasions during our stay. The food is decent and the staff is friendly. There are two types of buffets available (full or salad) and priced accordingly. After paying for our dinner, my husband and I noticed we were BOTH accidentally overcharged for the full buffet instead of the salad buffet. We brought it to the attention of the restaurant manager, Mrs. Arvaniti, whom was very polite and professional. She stated she could not credit the difference onto our credit card as it had to be done by their accountant during business hours. She would not provide us with any documentation of the credit/ mistake, however assured us that she would take care of the problem and the correction should be reflected on our credit card statement. She gave us her name and said to contact her should there be any problem.
The mistake was never corrected and we made several international calls and attempts to mediate the problem. We received one call from the hotel's accountant who stated he would take a look into the situation. However, we never heard back and felt as though we were conveniently forgotten.
Overall, our experience at Costa Navarino was an unforgettable one. However, next time we will enjoy our Mediterranean cuisine in Pylos (Four Seasons restaurant) or along the shore line in Gialova at a fraction of the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront located by the Ionian Sea in Costa Navarino - the prime destination in the Mediterranean, southwest Peloponnese, Greece, The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is inspired in its design by old Messinian mansions, with low-rise villa clusters built out of natural stone and local elements. In perfect harmony with the sandy beach and pristine landscape, all rooms and suites enjoy either unobstructed sea views, or mixed view of The Dunes Course and resort gardens and pools, while ground floor units also feature an individual infinity pool. The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is ideal for family getaways, presenting two children hubs, a fascinating Aqua Park with play pool and playground, indoor sports arena, and numerous sports and activities for all ages. The two signature golf courses, The Dunes Course and The Bay Course, set Costa Navarino as the new luxury golf destination in Greece, with extensive golf facilities nestled in a wonderful sea and olive grove landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Resort Costa Navarino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Hotel Messenia Region
- The Westin Resort Costa Navarino Greece/Peloponnese