TripAdvisor

The Brothers Greek Taverna
Ranked #26 of 112 Restaurants in Tsilivi
Cuisines: European, Greek, Seafood, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: WE are a family run restaurant recently opened in the beautiful Tsilivi. Here you can enjoy traditional Greek food from the seafood menu to our mussaka, kleftiko or our excellent beef stifado.We are open seven day a week and we welcome you to come and experience some of the best cousine in town.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had lunch there a couple of hours ago and I have to say that the food, the service was excellent. The restaurant was very clean and the portion sizes are good too. I had the fried calamari which is served with homemade chips (and you could tell they were) and salad. My wife had the Kleftico which ordinarily is a lamb shank, but the zakinthian version is different, it resembles something more of a casserole served in a clay pot but it was nice to try a different variation of an old Greek classic. And you could absolutely tell that the calamari (squid) I had was definitely fresh and not the frozen type. And being Greek myself, albeit Greek Cypriot I can vouch for the authenticity.. I would recommend it 1000%.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (586)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a family run restaurant, the family are so nice and this reflects in the food and the portions, the quality of the food is excellent, the service was the same, and as your main meal comes you get free wine and i'm not talking one glass here, they are a very generous family and they value your custom, it's a very relaxed and a great dining experience, highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had two lovely meals here and when we walked past on other nights the owner always said hello and greeted us like long lost friends. The meals were full of flavour and plenty of it too. Wine was free flowing and the free carafe was gratefully recieved. Free deserts as well as excellent waiting staff we would recommend as a must place to eat!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Not disappointed.
Restaurant was busy and was shown to a table in the rear, near the bar and kitchen. Not ideal but made for an interesting evening as we could see just how busy the lovely ladies were in kitchen. Easy to get the friendly waiters attention too as they were right next to us preparing the drinks and bills.
Menus handed out and they were back in 5 to take drinks order. We knew what we wanted to eat so they took that order too.
Ordered a saganaki for starters which was lovely and salty. Cooked to perfection.
Mains consisted of beef stamna for me and Giouvetsi for the wife.
The mains were delicious. Really tender beef. Mine in a terracotta bowl with potatoes. Wife's with orzo pasta. Giouvetsi is one of the wives favourite Greek dishes and she said this was a particularly good one.
Both dishes served with a fresh salad.
An older gentleman (the owner?) presented us with some complementary wine and explained it was homemade. I am not a wine drinker but the wife managed most of the carafe :) and said she enjoyed it.
Bill ordered and arrived with two small complimentary cakes. Wife didn't enjoy so I polished her's off too.
Starter, 2 mains, bottle mythos, large coke came to 34 euros. Bargain when you factor in the free wine and cake.
Would really recommend this place. Wife said she would be happy to return later in the stay it was that good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing restaurant. We popped in for a meal by chance and we loved it! So much so we ate there for 4 nights of our holiday.

Brilliant atmosphere and welcoming staff, made us all feel very welcome.

The wine is all homemade and the food is authentic. Would highly recommend. My mojito had fresh mint in from the restaurants herb garden, so fresh!

Can't wait to come back on our next holiday here.