All reviews rock night daughter elena pool bar next year air con steep hill bbq night family run mainland greece plenty of sunbeds walking difficulties double balcony great fun changed regular two weeks greek night bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2018

We have been to the Ariadne apartments on many occasions with my grand children ( Connor and Phoebe and the rest of my family), this is a small family run complex. The hosts Ellen, Costas & Yannis, Pamela and Elena make you really welcome and treat everyone like part of the family. The complex is spotless the pool and area around the pool is excellent and the pool bar is great, the apartments are up a steep hill with views over Tsilivi and the sea. We definitely will be going back and we highly recommend these apartments. Yammas.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank spike1061
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

The cats were the best part! (So cute and friendly!) I hope people feed them as they’re so loving and gentle! We stayed here for a week in September, a couple in our late 20’s. We were allocated an apartment on the pool level which wasn’t too bad. The room was spacious and clean (although the bathroom was small!) We didn’t pay for air con or safe as we thought it was expensive but we survived the week! The pool bar snacks and drinks were pricey but we thought this was because they had advantage of being at the top of the hill. I would agree with some others, staff were never rude but also never made an effort to start up a conversation apart from the Irish lady on a day and the young guy on a night. The hill would probably put me off these apartments again, I’m late 20’s but unfit and I struggled with the hill twice a day in the hot sun! Overall, a nice play to stay but it lacked daytime atmosphere and the hill was tough going.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Just come back from a 14 night stay at the ariadne and we found this hotel to be ok.
We arrived to find an empty reception area so i had to play find the staff member at the pool bar.
We then paid our 70 euros for the aircon and 40 euros for the safe then an extra 7 euros for hotel tax and away we went to our street level room.
The room was very nice and clean although the tv looked like something out of the early 90s and only had limited tv channels.
Their is wifi...but it only works on the balcony and around the pool bar area.
You can buy water and snacks from the pool bar which is 2.50 for 6 large bottles of water.

The staff were the worst, owners we not interested and seemed very lazy and there was more life in the stray cats that surround the hotel than there is in the bar man. Staff and owners didnt really speak much unless you are buying something from the bar. Cleaning staff were lovely.

The breakfast menu is only available until 11am so uk time that is 9am where as other places in the town breakfast is served until 1pm so 11 uk time.

We spent every day at the beach as the pool area didnt seem that appealing to us

The friday night entertainment was a rock night which wasnt great even the tables and chairs were walking out as it wasnt really full of guests

The hill was horrible even worse in the day when the sun is beating down and not great at night after a night out

Overall the room was clean aircon was good beds were ok and the maid service was great as they usually came to clean about 13.00pm

However next time we visit Tsilivi we will be staying elsewhere

3  Thank Dave R
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We have holidayed here every year since 2012. Our youngest child celebrated her 3rd Birthday back then! We return because it is genuinely lovely. As a family of five we had struggled in previous years to find generous, clean modern accommodation around the med, especially Greece.

We have stayed in the 2 bed apartments and the equally spacious apartment above the reception. We have eaten numerous meals and snacks at the pool bar and the food is fab! Price competitive with resort and I can testify with having a picky eater and with my mum who is coeliac the food quality, preparation etc is bang on the button. Never once had my mother had a gastric flare while staying here at the Ariadne. That it’s self is a testament to the seriousness they give to their food and kitchen hygiene, and to guests with food intolerances and allergies.

If you wish to purchase safe hire, or air con it’s not hard sale by the family who own the hotel. Infact where it comes to air con family always say “Its upto you, give it a try without, if you change your mind you can always ring down and I can arrange it for you”. Very fair I would say! In other accommodations I have stayed in in the med upon check in air con, safe details and room keys or cards are presented at check in with a bill which you pay for there and then! You don’t have much of a choice tbh!

The cleanliness, yes is faultless but what we expect and what you get in some resorts is variable. The Ariadne is not variable, it’s spotless and consistent year after year.
The rooms are more than adequate. They are comfortable, soft furnishings have been updated, and TV’s in rooms have also started to be replaced with upto date flat HD style. The cooking facilities are more than satisfactory. I have cooked numerous times in our apartments over the years. From hot snacks to spag boll
for our picky daughter. So I don’t understand how some guests found the cooking facilities to be basic and hard to prepare and serve a meal?

The pool area is lovely the sun loungers are great, nothing wrong with them and plentiful around the pool. Children who holiday with parents will have fun in the water, they are on holiday. The staff and guests have fun and this year was no different! The WiFi I didn’t have a problem with, but tbh I was on holiday and had my head stuck in a book for most of the time rather than on my phone or tablet.

The hill...do it your way! I’ve met guests who have ran up and down with ease, to guests who struggled. Wether you run/walk up or order a cab which are plentiful in resort, one thing that is agreed is the spectacular view from the Ariadne looking out at the sea view. From the left is Kefalonia to the right mainland Greece. It really is a fabulous scene to behold. The sun rises and equally magnificent sunsets will rival any in the med.

Overall you very much get excellent value for money. Clean modern accommodation, fab food, excellent well stocked pool bar, fab cocktails, great fun. Superb family who run the hotel with the little princess Elena steeling the show year after year. See you all once again in 2019!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank podge72
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This is our 5th time staying at the Ariadne hotel, another fabulous time here. It is a family run hotel, they are all so lovely and helpful.
The breakfast is cooked fresh to order , from full English breakfast to sausage, bacon sandwiches , scrambled egg. Just ask and Helen will cook it for you. Afternoon snacks include greek, tuna salads. Club sandwiches all served with a mountain of chips. There is also toasties of your choice.
Drinks are really reasonabley priced. Bar is open until you are ready to go to bed. Tasos is a great host and full of fun, as is Pam & Gianni.
Rooms have kettle ,electric ring, hairdrier, the room is cleaned everyday , beds and towels changed regular. All rooms have a pool and sea view.
We have had so many laughs with this lovely family , we will be going back to the Ariadne next year.

3  Thank trisht909