“How does this come No 1 Restuarant in Tsilivi, seating by the busy road”
Review of Obelix Restaurant

Obelix Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 101 Restaurants in Tsilivi
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was over late September and I do not know how you can class this No 1.The food is only average and you can tell this when you have to have a waiter on the roadside asking people to come in. PerhaPS i dine differently to other people. The chairs are very uncomfortable to sit on and on nights when there are flights you get the taxis breaking the speed record and coaches discharging their fumes as they come round the corner.
These are the five basic categories I would look at
Location 2
Toilet facilities and cleanliness 2
Sevice 4
Food 3
Decor and good comfortable seating 3 Overall average 3

1  Thank Yannis007

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Myself and my other half wandered into this restaurant by chance and what can I say,no wonder it's number one on here! We ended up going back five times in the week we was there as the owners were such genuinely friendly people, they'd give us tips of what to do and ask about our day with interest. The food was what I'd describe as authentic Greek with tasty moussaka, souvlaki, stifado and stamnes which was my favourite (baked peppers, chicken, mushrooms in stock and topped in an individual pot with melted feta cheese). My OH is very fussy and only eats English food but this wasn't a problem - the steak and Swordfish were to die for! The English breakfasts in the morning were also very good, and stupidly cheap?!

Already booked for 2013 and will definitely be returning to the Obelix.

1  Thank Thai32
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Our meal was very average from my personal point of view. Potatoes were nice as they are in every restaurant around this area and my wife did enjoy her red snapper. I had grilled chicken with rice, potatoes and veg. The veg is what let the meal down. Very bland green beans and carrots which I ate but didn't enjoy. We had a large bottle of water and 2 main courses with a portion of olives this came to 22euros which is good value but I would suggest you could go elsewhere and enjoy a better atmosphere

1  Thank JudeJackson
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Although I've been to Tsilivi more than a dozen times, this year was the first time I ventured into the Obelix... Food and service were fine and for those reasons alone I would happily go back. My only observations that might affect others were: Firstly the chairs are not the type you'd sit on for an hour after finishing your meal and secondly they do not accept cards for payment.

1  Thank BiggerSteve
Reviewed October 5, 2012

we ate here most nights as the value and service were second to none. The food was always perfect, whatever you ordered.. from a steak to a moussaka.After a couple of days they were giving us a free drink just before leaving to say thankyou for coming back.A truly lovely place to eat

1  Thank travellertwo77