“Amaryllis Tisilivi”
Review of Amarylis Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tsilivi
Amarylis Hotel
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just back from a great week at the Amarylis. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms are always spotless and the location is perfect. The beach is only a ten minute stroll away and there are numerous restaurants on the doorstep.
Without a doubt, our holiday was all the better for the local people around the resort, everybody is so friendly and helpful but our highest praise is for Anna, Joseph, Luis and Nico - what a lovely family! They run the pool bar and look after the pool area. I really can't praise them enough, nothing is too much trouble, they all are genuinely keen to get know you and by the end of your holiday, you are actually quite sad as they wave you off! We will definitely return - even if only to visit Anna and the boys again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank redped14

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Amarylis is a basic hotel with everything available at a cost(cheap).Always clean and tidy.The cleaning staf were always friendly and great if you locked yourself out of your appartment. The pool and pool bar appear to be run seperate from the hotel but its all within the same patch of land.the poolbar(Anna,s poolbar) is run by Anna ,Nico and their sons Joseph and Luis.I dont think you will find a friendlier bunch especially at the saturday barbecue as they all join in and show the punters how to dance greek style.Great food and good prices make for an exceptional atmosphere morning and night.The Amarylis is a great retreat and base for visiting Tsilivi and is situated 10 minute leisurely walk from an amazing beach.

Room Tip: rooms would be better if air/con was not an added option
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank benandjack
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My close friends, family and i stayed at the Amarylis Studios from the 20th June 2013, for 7nights. It was our first time to Zante and the resort of Tsilivi, and what a wonderfull time we all had. Two of our friends had just got married a week before and this holiday was to celebrate this. The Amarylis was a great place to stay, our friends arrived to wine and flowers in there room which was a lovely gesture from the staff.
The studios were very clean and spacious and the maid service was excellant. The pool and pool bar was owned and run separte by Anna's family,mum dad and there sons Joseph and Louis, what lovely people they are, they made us all very welcome, and on an evening we would have a drink and a chat with Louis.
The studios are very central, just a ten minuites walk to the beach and close to all the bars and lovely restaurants.
Overall we all had a fantastic holiday and will definetley return back to Tsilivi and the Amarylis Studios in the near future.

See you all soon
Katie Black and her family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank KatieBlack
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for two weeks in June 2013. On a whole the apartments were very adequate with what you would expect in a self catering apartment. People who complain that they were not should perhaps look at half board/all inclusive.
The rooms were very spacious and cleaned daily. All the rooms overlooked the pool. On a point that has been raised by other reviewers the reception staff were very lacking in English and it was quite hard to get them to understand what we were trying to same to them unless it was very basic. However, the pool bar staff were totally different, very helpful with a great attitude. There are no lifts so to get to the top floor where we were the stairs had to be climbed. Air conditioning is charged at 45 euros for 7 days, and then we had it for 2 more days at a cost of 20 euros ??!!, the safety deposit box was 30 euros for 14 days.
The location is pretty much what you would want, its set back off the road but its in the centre of Tsivili so nothing was far away, the beach a 10 minute walk, shops and restaurants in abundance. We hired a car for 5 days which prevented us from going a bit stir crazy, because other than the shops, restaurants and the beach then there isnt much to do.

We've been to Tsivili now but we wouldn't go back, but that's just our view, lots of people go back time and again.

ps, for great food and service then "Yum Yum" restaurant is the place to go, we did many nights.

3  Thank Chris C
Reviewed June 12, 2013

have been to tsilivi 6 times now but 1st time stayed here ,,,we was pleasantly surprised how comfortable we felt staying here as everyone was so friendly like all at the pool bar anna niko joseph + lewis we used to have many chats and laughs with them which was good ,,they became to feel like family to us and nothing is to much trouble to them ,there lovely ,,,I have a friend who,s been staying here for the last ten years jenny and neil who stay here for 2 weeks each September and now I see why they keep coming back to this place ,,,ok showers in rooms could be much better but this not uncommon what we,ve come across in zante ,,we have had better bathrooms like in the mavrikos but we wasn't keen on the poolside area there ,,so what u gain on one thing u loose on another ,,the gentleman on reception here was very helpful to us as well ,nothing was to much for him either ,,,so yes we would definatly come back here [ cant wait to ]

Room Tip: we stayed in room 4 on the ground floor and was happy with where we was ,balcony was in the sun all...
1  Thank hev68
Reviewed June 10, 2013

this hotel is basic, everyone on here moaning about the facilities if you hadn't noticed you booked 2 star accomodation. The hotel is own by a Greek man who speaks very little english.
He can be rude and unhelpful as can some of the other greek ladies whom he employs.
I felt this was because this used to be a greek resort that the english have taken over.
Anna and her family who own and run the Pool and bar on the other hand are the most beautiful people you could meet.
She and her boys will do all they can to help you, The food at the bar is lovely and the boys always went out of their way to make sure we had a lounger at the pool when we needed one.
People on here moan that the bars on the beach hire people to collect glasses and wait on you.
Well surely this is what you want on a holiday, they are not pressuring you, they are trying to deter ants and flies by collecting the glasses promptly, yes they will ask if you want another, but if they didn't I'm sure people would moan about that to.
Why do the british people have so many issues, your on holiday in the sun in a country where the people are polite, family orientated, and most of whom can't do enough for you. What are you moaning about. Other than reinforcing everyones opinion that all british people do is drink and moan.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Anthea R
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've just returned from Amarylis on June 7 2013 .We arrived at about 5.35 am we were the only ones who got off the coach for this place. The manager told us the door key was in the door and directed us up a flight of stairs with our cases. We were trying to keep quiet because of the early hour but it was difficult,what fascinated me is he didn't attempt to help us with our luggage. We got to our room only to find there was no key in the door so I came back down to find him and he had disappeared I wandered around a bit eventually he came out gave us the key,by this time my husband was coming down with the cases again,this time the man half heartadly offered to help.Anyway we got in the room,and like the other reviewer,the bed had a bottom sheet and a top sheet just folded up on top,so we had to make the bed up with the one sheet but no blanket or counter pane and at that time of the morning it was quite chilly,I've never seen this before,I ended up throwing our towels on top so we could have a bit of a sleep having travelled all night. The room was however lovely it was spacious and clean and overlooked the pool. Again I must agree with reviewer D024 the bathroom was terrible, I didn't expect a shower curtain but the shower head didn't even have a hook on the wall so it was difficult trying to hold the shower head and soaping yourself up,it did soak the floor and there was no mop or even a floor towel like you normally get so was pretty dangerous these little things do make a difference to the quality of your holiday.We were given just one towel each but I take my own anyway. The kitchen had two hot plates but I found they weren't really hot enough to cook properly,I always like to do my own breakfast or a quick snack but this was not really possible so it defeats the point of being S/C .I don't feel it should say it is if it is only a "token " kitchen. I found the staff very friendly Anna and her sons really were lovely and we enjoyed the food we ate there . They run the pool bar but the man we first met runs the actual hotel which is a bit strange,he seems rather detached from every thing.
The local area was quite busy with plenty going on and many bars to visit ,the beaches are ok but it's not very nice sand,one thing with all of the bars we visited ,they employ people to go around checking to see if you have finished your drinks and you feel pressured to keep topping up,you can't just sit in peace. We went on a couple of trips with Nefti travel a little booth on the way to the beach they are a little i dependant company and use 19 seater mini buses instead of big coaches,I can recommend the "Back to my roots " tour good day out they do a discount if you book a couple of trips with them, so in conclusion we did enjoy the holiday but if the hotel reads this I would like you to realise that (1) bathroom facilities must be properly useable and comfortable. (2) help with luggage on arrival gives a good impression. (3) If you say you are self catering,this must really be the case. P.S a note on the TV what is the point of a tiny 14 inch TV high up the corner on a stand with no English channels at all .? There are flat screens in reception and the bar ,he has satellite so why can't we have it in the rooms ?

Room Tip: Room no 9 overlooks the pool.