“Could do better.”
Review of Amarylis Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tsilivi
Amarylis Hotel
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Tsilivi
Birmingham
“Could do better.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've just returned from Amarylis on June 7 2013 .We arrived at about 5.35 am we were the only ones who got off the coach for this place. The manager told us the door key was in the door and directed us up a flight of stairs with our cases. We were trying to keep quiet because of the early hour but it was difficult,what fascinated me is he didn't attempt to help us with our luggage. We got to our room only to find there was no key in the door so I came back down to find him and he had disappeared I wandered around a bit eventually he came out gave us the key,by this time my husband was coming down with the cases again,this time the man half heartadly offered to help.Anyway we got in the room,and like the other reviewer,the bed had a bottom sheet and a top sheet just folded up on top,so we had to make the bed up with the one sheet but no blanket or counter pane and at that time of the morning it was quite chilly,I've never seen this before,I ended up throwing our towels on top so we could have a bit of a sleep having travelled all night. The room was however lovely it was spacious and clean and overlooked the pool. Again I must agree with reviewer D024 the bathroom was terrible, I didn't expect a shower curtain but the shower head didn't even have a hook on the wall so it was difficult trying to hold the shower head and soaping yourself up,it did soak the floor and there was no mop or even a floor towel like you normally get so was pretty dangerous these little things do make a difference to the quality of your holiday.We were given just one towel each but I take my own anyway. The kitchen had two hot plates but I found they weren't really hot enough to cook properly,I always like to do my own breakfast or a quick snack but this was not really possible so it defeats the point of being S/C .I don't feel it should say it is if it is only a "token " kitchen. I found the staff very friendly Anna and her sons really were lovely and we enjoyed the food we ate there . They run the pool bar but the man we first met runs the actual hotel which is a bit strange,he seems rather detached from every thing.
The local area was quite busy with plenty going on and many bars to visit ,the beaches are ok but it's not very nice sand,one thing with all of the bars we visited ,they employ people to go around checking to see if you have finished your drinks and you feel pressured to keep topping up,you can't just sit in peace. We went on a couple of trips with Nefti travel a little booth on the way to the beach they are a little i dependant company and use 19 seater mini buses instead of big coaches,I can recommend the "Back to my roots " tour good day out they do a discount if you book a couple of trips with them, so in conclusion we did enjoy the holiday but if the hotel reads this I would like you to realise that (1) bathroom facilities must be properly useable and comfortable. (2) help with luggage on arrival gives a good impression. (3) If you say you are self catering,this must really be the case. P.S a note on the TV what is the point of a tiny 14 inch TV high up the corner on a stand with no English channels at all .? There are flat screens in reception and the bar ,he has satellite so why can't we have it in the rooms ?

Room Tip: Room no 9 overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

What can I say.. Worst accommodation ever.

Arrived to be greeted by a lady who wasn't very friendly towards us,wanted me to use easy access ramp,cause i was carrying two suitcases, to save climbing THREE steps,but yet while she showed us to room had me walking round sun bathers at swimming pool banging my suitcases off they're sunbeds & had no problem me climbing THREE FLIGHT OF SLIPPERY STAIRS with two suitcases, later that eve found out myself that there was another route to rooms without going near swimming pool/sunbathers!She showed us to our room which was such a let down. One sheet and one towel each these were changed every second day and the days not changed just thrown out on the balcony floor expected to dry. I asked the lady for an extra towel for my hair because the one towel was soaked when used once and she just ignored me. There was no tea towel either so obviously they expected us to use our towels to dry dishes that were full of tea stains and cracks.

And what can be said about there bathrooms you were better off having a shower at the beach. The bathroom was that flooded during/after a shower because you have to hold the shower hose/head with one hand and wash with the other hand while trying not to break your neck slipping on the wet floor.... Was a grip mat in shower but you'd horse shoes to stand on it because it was that hard/dirty.......

Loved the area people were friendly good food but the accommodation was such a let down we won't be returning only booked this accommodation because of the reviews on Trip Adviser beginning to think its the staff in the Amaryllis Studios leaving the reviews...........

Definitely not a child friendly accommodation with the amount of slippery steps and wet floors about the place.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank D024
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I spent a week at the Amarylis during May 2013 and am pleased to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. The weeks prior to my holiday I done a little research and was a little concerned after reading some negative reviews, mainly based around the staff and their attitude. However I was pleasantly surprised as they were friendly and the complete opposite to what some reviews suggested, Anna Luis and Joseph were all fantastic and I would recommend this accommodation to others without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laidlos
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

just returned yesterday from holiday in tsilivi and stayed at amarylis apartments and hotel and i can honestly say this that the people here are so freindly that its unbelievable, before we went we read all the reviews and there was a couple of negative ones all that i can say to these people WHAT ARE YOU WANTING OUT OF A HOLIDAY Nico, anna, sons joseph and luis are some of the nicest people anyone can wish to meet, so all i can say to you is thanks very much and looking forward to seeing you all again in september, the apartments were clean and well serviced every day food at anna,s pool bar was home cooked and excellent so all i can say is thank you very much for a brilliant holiday from frank sinatra AKA BOB AND LYNN

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lynnnewbould
England
Reviewed February 22, 2013

When we first arrived we were greeted by Anna etc, we went to there BBQ night however when the owners had a BBQ they got funny with the people who went and then from that day they never talked anymore, we are going back to Zante this year but not to this hotel because of the pool bar owners, they turned within a week to stuck up people and I can't stand people like that however the food that they served was nice although the beans where a little hard but still very nice, hotel room was basic but that's all you need when your going abroad and it's expected but we had a lovely pool view with a big balcony, great hotel just a shame about the pool bar staff. But I'm still giving 4* because of the owners and hotel. AMAZING HOLIDAY. Seen a lot of lizards and a creature that looked like a massive grasshopper jumped onto my leg never screamed so much in my life although its nice to see some of there animals, this review is not saying dont stay here it's saying go ahead and stay here it's lovely just to warn you about the pool bar staff shame there attitude changed. But go ahead and stay here it really is a nice location :'). Any questions feel free to inbox me and ill be happy to answer them.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the family restaurant and the Mexican restaurant it's lovely, also bare...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChloMox
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had a fantastic family holiday - 6 adults and 2 children. Yes, the accommodation is basic, it often is in Greece but if that what you expect you can't be disappointed. Had a one bedroom apartment for us and 2 kids, plenty of space, decent facilities. Only downfall, no lift and we were on the third floor with a toddler & buggy. The staircase was a bit rickety too!! The families around the pool were really friendly, kids made some good friends. Anna, Luis & Iosif from the pool bar could'nt have been more accommodating or friendly. They made our holiday!! Nothing was a problem for them, the service was fantastic and they were great with the boys. Anna even drove me into Zante town one day to a chemise to get some antibiotics for my son who ended up with a bad ear infection. Thank you so much. If I hadn't booked this years holiday beforehand would have gone back this year. Will definately go back. Also loved the resort. Tsilivi is my favourite resort on the island, I've been four times. There's plenty to do, a good choice of shops, restaurants and bars. I always find staff and locals extremely friendly and they love the kids. Fab!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Debbie L
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

we have been going to zante for more than 11 years now, and have become friends with many people on the island.with going to the amarylis our friends have multiplied.we arrived at the amarylis 16th of august 2012 and stayed for two weeks. on arrival we were greeted warmly and shown to our rooms,my wife and myself in one and our daughter,son in law and granddaughter next door.the rooms were clean and well set out.through our stay the rooms were cleaned on a regular basis.the staff from the the admission to the cleaners were friendly,cordial and very helpful in anything asked of them. right,now to annas bar, anna,nico,joseph and louie are one of the loveliest families we have ever met nothing is too much for them . as with most greek people we have met they are genuine. anna has a loving personality ,nico,and sons, joseph and louie are as helpful as anyone could be.when we ate there the food was always excellent.the pool was clean and always inviting on a lovely hot day. the amarylis is perfectly situated in the centre of tsilivi, close to everything. magdalenas bar opposite [where kyriakos a friend of ours of many years works]is a great bar to have fun on a night before returning perhaps for a nightcap at annas. p.s.sorry anna to have taken so long to write this. from our family, frank,helen,shauna,tony and bethany. to yours, all of our love.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank frank o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsilivi
Amaryllis Hotel
#19 of 50 in Tsilivi
Zante Pantheon Hotel
Zante Pantheon Hotel
#9 of 50 in Tsilivi

Been to Amarylis Hotel? Share your experiences!