“Little slice of heaven”
Review of Anetis Hotel

Anetis Hotel
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Anetis hotel for 1 very short week in early September 2012 and it was far too short. I felt like I'd been hit with a tranquilizer dart from the moment I arrived its so relaxing. I have done a lot of traveling on my own and its always a little daunting the first day but Dennis, Helena and Christos. Hope Ive spelt your names correctly!! I could not find a single flaw with this hotel.
The rooms are basic but have everything you need and are spotless. Clean sheets and towels EVERY DAY. I have stayed in 5 star hotels and for service and hospitality the Anetis is right up there if not superior to most of them. The hotel backs right onto the sea , were talking inches away!!! With plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. The resort itself is very small but has plenty of bars and restaurants so you wont be spoiled for choice. It is quiet and even though I was there at the end of season I believe it is quiet in high season too. It's ideal for families with small children or someone looking to chill out.
For me, it's the people who make a holiday and the staff at the Anetis and the resort of Tsilivi couldn't be nicer. I hope to visit again in 2013 but only if they put a pad lock on the ice cream fridge!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank GerD12

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here in June for 2 nights before moving to another resort. Very friendly people and a laid back feel to the place, right on the beach with its own beach bar, food was good, as was the service. No pool but the sea is right in front which you can see from the rooms. The other reviews tell it as it is.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank teengee
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I picked this hotel because of it's great reviews and it's all true. Read the other reviews about the friendly family, the clean rooms and the great location. I'll try to add some stuff I didn't know before going.
For Greece, the rooms are very well equpped. You get a fridge with an icebox and ice cube trays, mugs, electric kettle, plates, glasses, teaspoons and butter knives. No problem to bring your own food and drink into your room. 10 of the rooms look out to sea and 2 have side views of the sea and all the balconies have tables and chairs (which you can't see on any of the hotel photos). Hand soap and loo paper also provided, and sheets & towels changed regularly. Safe deposit box in room and airconditioning are both free.
Sunbeds are 5 euros a day with 10% off at the beach bar. If you don't like to lie on the beach all day just leave your stuff at a beach bar table while you go for a swim. Beach bar is always open and lovely and cool. It's well used by locals, old and young and the atmosphere when we were there was really laid back.
Getting picked up and dropped off for the airport was the icing on the cake. Dennis even offered to take a detour on the way back to the airport to show us the preparations for the big religious festival in Zante Town (which we sadly missed). Brilliant!

Room Tip: All rooms are similar. Some sea views are obstructed by a huge date palm, but its a nice date palm...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kayteey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked my flight a few hours before leaving so didn't leave myself much choice when it came to hotels on the beach. Anetis came up on a search for anywhere that still had spare rooms on the island and I'm glad it did.

Dennis, the owner, picked me up from the airport and it's a 15-20 min drive. My room was clean, spacious, with a sea view from the balcony and a 45 second walk from the sandy Tsilivi beach. There's a decent beach bar attached to the hotel.
Breakfast that came with the room was nice and simple - cereal, coffee, juice, toast, honey and is served on the beach at any time you want in the morning. You can of course pay a bit more and have anything you want. as there's a full menu available.
The beach is clean and beautiful, the water is clear and refreshing. Restaurants and bars nearby, short cab ride to somewhere a bit livelier if need be.

Dennis' dad gave me a lift back to the airport.

If I visit Zakynthos again I would rather stay here than any of the 5 stars I was looking at.

nb. there's no pool or fitness centre but I've given Anetis 5 stars for both of these as it doesn't seem right to mark them down, especially as you don't need a pool when you're next to the sea.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank BayernZorba
Reviewed January 21, 2012

What can u say about this Hotel and the family that hasnt been said before. The Hotel is situated in the best place on the island, the first thing u see in the morning is the beach, perfect start to the day. The rooms are cleaned every day to a very high standard. The family are just terrific, they make u feel so welcome, almost like one of their family, nothing is too much for them and if they can help u in any way they will. You get collected from the airport, so no waiting around for coaches or taxis, which is a bonus. Have stayed here many times over the years and i cant recommend it enough. If you want a stress free holiday this is the place to go to

Room Tip: Top floor for best view
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jennie B
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Have been to Anetis many times with friends over the past 15 years and have nothing but praise for hotel and the whole family that help to run it. Relaxed and restored.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed March 27, 2009

The vacation was the best I've ever had with my girlfriend, the hotel is great for it's price, run by a greek family and they were very helpfull..the son picked us at the airport and drove us at the hotel and so it was on our way back home, even our flight was very early in the morning. The have a lime time beach bar where we ate an extraordinary yoghurt fruit and honey morning salad watching the sea..The hotel has books to read while seating on the beach and when we had a medical problem they recomended us a doctor in Zante that was good. So, next year we definitely hope that we are going back..

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple