Alamis Apartments
Balcony Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
$119
$186
$178
Plaza Pallas Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
$205
$176
$152
$146
  • Pool
Zante Pantheon Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
$51
$49
$121
$117
Callinica Hotel & Apartments(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
$46
$43
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreek nightlovely fresh fruitair conpool bargreat holidaywaist heightolympic repcleaned every other daybins were emptied dailyself cateringbedroomed apartmentbars and restaurantshold the shower headsafety deposit boxnext yearcooking facilitiesrooms are basic
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from there and we would never recommend these apartments to our friends. Firstly we had dealed that the room would be withtwo single beds close each other (next) and when we got in the room, beds were two and seperated far each other. There was no soap neither a small bottle of shampoo or whatever to wash our hands after a big trip.No hospitality very bad welcome and a basic reception area not decorated to make us feel comfortable. Sheets and Pillows had a bad smell and beds were unconfortable. Staff is not friendly, neither smiley. I felt like they just need to get paid and nothing more. Room are so expensive as we made a small research to rest appartments and we found out that there are many rooms with half price than ours and included breakfast and WiFi.
I would never go there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kampast
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Having just returned from the Alamis apartments in Tsilivi, I felt compelled to write this review.
The accommodation was typical Greek, clean and basic just what a someone who is familiar with Greek accommodation would expect-no problems there.
What I did have a problem with was the unfriendliness of the staff, who never smiled and it seemed such an effort on their part to assist with any questions or need you had, no matter how minor it was!!

Upon our arrival at 7am in the morning, we were shown are room and had to carry our suitcases up 2 flights of very steep stairs without any offer of help (or smile) by the man who showed us our room. The rooms themselves have all that you need; two plates, 2 cups and 2 glasses, a pan, a toaster and a kettle. No tea towels or cloths are provided though (which are in all other Greek apartments that I have stayed in).

The Air conditioning is 40 Euro per week an it is ESSTENIAL in July and August. The safety deposit box is 20 Euro per week plus a 10 Euro refundable deposit.
For the internet there is an extortionate price....don't pay it. If you sit by the garden area near the back (near the supermarket exit) you can pick up free internet with planet hotel, otherwise there are plenty of places that offer free internet.
The location itself is good, a 5 minute walk to the beach and to the restaurants. Beware though that if you sleep in the outer building you will be able to hear loud music from the bar next door until 3am! The bar is OK for drinks at very good prices, I would not recommend eating theree though as it is cheaper and better food is to be found at the apartments next door: planos apartments, plus eating at Alamis also means being served by miserable and grumpy staff which personally puts me off.

The staff seem to be friendly with the people who spent all day everyday by the pool and never leave the complex and therefore get all their money. They also show friendliness to those who return every year. (I will not be returning). For those of us who are more independent with and without children who want a real taste of Greece I would not recommend these apartments.
Also if you have visited Greece before and expect what you have probably experienced as a lovely welcoming environment with ever so helpful staff don’t come here it will tar the wonderful image you have of the ever friendly Greeks: as said before none of that to be found here.

I am not a grumpy miserable Brit who loves to complain, but having been to Greece 3 times previously and hence why I returned a 4th, The experience at the Alamis has put me off Zante completely mainly due to the unfriendliness of the staff.

From a well travelled woman who visited these apartments with family and has never been faced with such inhospitality than at the Alamis!!! jI left disheartened that my images of the lovely Greek people and way of life had been tarred by plain rude staff and owners.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank jrcj79
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a great time in Alamis, we only got back yesterday! 21st july 2011. We went with Olympic Travel and I had used them before and knew they were reliable but had not been to Alamis before. The bathroom in the apartment was good, had shelves for towels and a huge mirror. The room was big enough for two of us, had 3 single beds, a smaller kitchenette than expected but more than enough storage room for clothes and luggage. The cleaners were round every two days to clear the bins and every 3/4 to change the sheets, give new towels and mop floors. The staff were quiet but approachable, the desk staff didn't understand english all that well but we kept talking until they understood! The location is immaculet. We were a leisurely 3 minute stroll from the beach, but if in a rush I'd estimate 40 second walk. Supermarket next to the hotel was very helpful and we made a friend there! Found some new chocolate we had'nt seen before. The surrounding bars are great, the best chinese/indian restaurant ever was only down the road and round the corner - Asian Palase. Strange spelling but the best service and food i've ever had. They liked us so much we had free ouzo off of them on our last night and lots of free drinks and icecream without asking throughout our visits. Greek Night looked like good fun from the balcony but we decided to go to the chinese that night. I really enjoyed my stay. Two weeks was not enough! My boyfriend wanted to buy one of the apartments and stay for a year! We unfortunately ran out of funds the last night!

Room Tip: We stayed in 37B and that had a good view and was perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greecelover25
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Just returned from the Alamis Apartments where a crowd of us stayed for our friends wedding. No complaints about apartments but how grumpy and unpleasant the owners are! Have been travelling to Greek Islands for many years now and this is the first time we have ever experienced this as the people are usually so friendly. The pool bar looked lovely and our crowd were looking forward to spending some good times there but that was not the case as it was empty most of the time with no atmosphere whatsoever, however, that Jolly Roger next door was fab so thats where we spent most of our nights. Also, there was a very shady looking security guard hanging about at night whos job seemed to be to make sure nobody was enjoying themselves too much! Come on owners, lighten up, and put a bit of an effort into livening up the bar and you will find your profits going right up.

The Kavanagh's

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MagsKShotts
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Alamis in Room 41, and were very pleased with the room. We were on the top floor, and had a huge balcony. It had been newly furnished and decorated. The cooking facilities were good, and we had everything we needed to cook basic meals. The room was very clean,and the cleaners came to change the towels and bedding every 2 days. We weren't expecting a shower mounted on the wall, and that was just as well because it was the usual hand held shower head, which seems to be the norm in Greece.

However, we did feel sorry for some of the guests, as their rooms were in a very unfortunate position. One in particular on the ground floor had the shop alley wall as one of their room walls, and their (tiny) balcony was adjacent to the stairway leading up to the other rooms, so not only did they have no privacy, but were subject to the noise of other holiday makers returning of an evening three sheets to the wind! Other rooms in the main block overlooking the pool looked equally poor. We were extremely lucky to be in a new block on the top floor.

Unless you are willing to fork out for air-con, I would advise taking a mosquito net,as you will need to keep the windows open, and will get eaten alive! We also used some incense coils on the balcony, which were inexpensive.

We did not frequent the pool because it was by the road, and not very secluded, plus sun loungers were packed like sardines, and we prefer our privacy.

The staff were very unfriendly, and I only got a grunt from the owner when I greeted him in the morning (don't bother!). However I wouldn't let this put you off staying here.

That said, the Alamis is in a good location, and there is a fantastic resurant nearby called the Menir, which had the best food, and the most friendliest staff. From the appartment it is easy to get away from the pounding music off the 'main drag' which we found utterly foul, and totally un-greek, and avoided at all costs.

We would highly recomend renting a car, and checking out the Island. We shopped around, and actually Olympic car rental was the best. Make sure you get good insurance, the roads are dicey when you get into the mountains.

So in summary; the Alamis does the job, it's a place to crash, and it's clean. We got a cheap holiday with Olympic, and this was better than what were were expecting. It's pot luck which room you will be allocated, but the Alamis does have some great rooms in the new blocks.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple