My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Alamis in Room 41, and were very pleased with the room. We were on the top floor, and had a huge balcony. It had been newly furnished and decorated. The cooking facilities were good, and we had everything we needed to cook basic meals. The room was very clean,and the cleaners came to change the towels and bedding every 2 days. We weren't expecting a shower mounted on the wall, and that was just as well because it was the usual hand held shower head, which seems to be the norm in Greece.
However, we did feel sorry for some of the guests, as their rooms were in a very unfortunate position. One in particular on the ground floor had the shop alley wall as one of their room walls, and their (tiny) balcony was adjacent to the stairway leading up to the other rooms, so not only did they have no privacy, but were subject to the noise of other holiday makers returning of an evening three sheets to the wind! Other rooms in the main block overlooking the pool looked equally poor. We were extremely lucky to be in a new block on the top floor.
Unless you are willing to fork out for air-con, I would advise taking a mosquito net,as you will need to keep the windows open, and will get eaten alive! We also used some incense coils on the balcony, which were inexpensive.
We did not frequent the pool because it was by the road, and not very secluded, plus sun loungers were packed like sardines, and we prefer our privacy.
The staff were very unfriendly, and I only got a grunt from the owner when I greeted him in the morning (don't bother!). However I wouldn't let this put you off staying here.
That said, the Alamis is in a good location, and there is a fantastic resurant nearby called the Menir, which had the best food, and the most friendliest staff. From the appartment it is easy to get away from the pounding music off the 'main drag' which we found utterly foul, and totally un-greek, and avoided at all costs.
We would highly recomend renting a car, and checking out the Island. We shopped around, and actually Olympic car rental was the best. Make sure you get good insurance, the roads are dicey when you get into the mountains.
So in summary; the Alamis does the job, it's a place to crash, and it's clean. We got a cheap holiday with Olympic, and this was better than what were were expecting. It's pot luck which room you will be allocated, but the Alamis does have some great rooms in the new blocks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 5km distance from the town of Zakynthos, in the region of Planos village and very near to the beautiful beach of Tsilivi, you will find Alamis apartments. Alamis apartments consist of three separate buildings, designed in an almost classical style and surrounded by lovely gardens scattered with palm trees, creating a quiet and ideal place for your vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Alamis Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamis Apartments Tsilivi
- Alamis Apartments Hotel Tsilivi
- Alamis Apartments Zakynthos/Tsilivi