“fantastic holiday”

Tsilivi Beach Hotel
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed May 28, 2008

we have just returned back from Tsilivi beach hotel after staying for a week from the 19-26 may. It was a fantastic holiday myself and my husband, my parents and my hubby parents turned up as a supprise. The first few days we so peaceful and we had the place pretty much to ourselves, all the staff we friendly and welcoming and good a recomending places to visit and speaking english. the bar man Armando (who's gf works at Molly malones also a must go place a short walk from the hotel with a crazy gold fun for all the family and only 6 euro a go) the best waitor in the world ever Andreas who is the most friendly person ever met. Mr Dennis who owns the hotel is always about and pleasent to talk to as well as hs son and grandson who is just sooooo cute. As it is now all inclusive the bar is open from 11am till midnight and the cocktails were fab, as well as local larger, tea coffee, soft drink etc. Food could not be faulted, plenty on offer and always yummy. The pool is amazin the a little of the cold side so wait till lunch time once the sun is beaming and you will be glad to cool down, its good the fact it is so shallow for the kids and for those who just want to paddle. There was entertainment on at the hotel but only every other night or so, this could do with improving, but a holiday is what you make it and we had our own way of entertaining ourselves. There may be more on offer when its peak season as the resort only opened on the 4th may so we were at the start of the season. Fantastic weather and surrounding views, i would book up again and go back tomorrow, would recommend to all ages.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank salterk

Reviewed May 23, 2008

I a friend and her ten year old grandaughter have just returned from this hotel and was dissapointed we were there a week and our sheets or towels had not been changed I had to go to reception and tell them, my friend found out where they kept the clean towels and changed them herself, also in our second week our toilet bin was changed on the Monday then the cleaner did'nt come at all on Tuesday so seven pm I went to reception and told them and was told they would see to it straight away but no one came, I told them again Wednesday morning but it was not changed until Wednesday afternoon, with three of us using it this was terrible.

The room itself was very good with enough room to move about.

There was nothing for children to do so it was very boring, the pool was nice and clean but very cold.

The location was brilliant but the beach was not very clean.

The staff were very nice but there was no holiday atmosphere about the place.

The was very little in the way of entertainment so it was very boring so we had to go out for something to do.

The food seemed fine the first couple of days then it was more or less the same thing over and over again it became very boring and the was not a great deal of choice we had to pay to eat out for something different which we did not expect to do. The room where we ate felt crowded and reminded me more of a canteen than a dining room but with table cloths.

Not that we needed it but we were told that the air con was five Euros a day but our rep said it was free.

I would not recomend this hotel for families with children of teenagers and under.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Have just returned from a weeks holiday at Tsivili beach hotel.
We were disspointed with some of the facilities in the hotel.

As our stay was the 1st - 8th May it was the start of the season ( which we were unaware of ) so there was no hotel entertainment which is advertised, there is nothing for the children to do, our 7yr old spent all week lying by the pool under a towel playing his Nintendo DS. For very young children there is a small plastic slide / climbing frame.

The hotel has recently gone all inclusive so they are still trying to find their feet. The food was of a good standard but there was a very small selection and got very boring after 2 days.

Breakfast choice was the same everyday and consited of egg, tomato, mushroom, salad and tinned fruit, small selection of cereal. There was not even toast oh and some days chips.

Lunch and dinner was slightly varied each day but there was only a small selection. Pudding choice was either fruit, ice cream and one other pudding either cold custard or cake.

I always go all inclusive and this is the first time i have ever had to go out for dinner, i am not a fussy eater and i am happy to try the local food and do not expect british food.

The waiters were lovely, they were very friendly and because we had 2 vegans in our party, they cooked food especially for them which was really appreciated.

There was no seperate choice of food for children which we usually see at othe AI hotels so my 7yr olds lived on chips and cucumber all week. I did mention along with some other families about the children and they did do some chicken nuggets and some sausages one day for them.

The Barm staff were lovely and very funny, it was just a a shame that there was no entertainment to create an atmosphere and keep people in the bar. The manager kept telling the barman to turn the music down ( and it was not loud ) and sat with a glum look on his face with the basket ball on the bar TV.

The rooms were spacious and clean, tv was the usual channels so you spend all week watching the news channel. but then who goes on holiday to watch T.V

The pool was very nice, a bit cold early in the day but later in the year i am sure it would warm up earlier.

The hotel is located on the beach, we were told that tsivili is renound for being the cleanest beach on the island, i would not of called it clean, but it may be because it was the start of the season. this was the excuse for everything

Many people we spoke to prior to travelling told us how nice tsivili is, i would disagree, it is very commercialised. There are loads of bars and english restaurants. Which is great if that is what you are looking for, but i do like to see the culture.

Although we did not need it as it was very cold at night, you have to pay an extra 20 euros for the air conditoning, which is advertised as included.

Most of the bars are owned and run by British people, they are all really nice people and they do know how to have a good time. Many of the bars and restaurants have facilities for children.

We travelled as a family of 9. Aged 7 , 18, 19 , 21, 25, 28, 35 & 57.

The younger adults all had a great time, going out in the evening to the bars etc. But as a 35yr old mum a 57yr old Nan & a 7yr boy we found the holiday very boring.

The excursions offered seemed very over priced for what they offered and the ones we booked were not what we expected.

I would recommend this hoilday for young adults and couples. I would not recommend this hotel for families, I would also recommend self catering as with no entertainment you will not make full use of the AI facilities on offer, and spend money for food and drink elsewhere. I took 700 euros with me and only did 2 excursions. i did not go out drinking as i had my 7yr old and i only had to spend out for me and him, i spent all of my money. I dont know what on though.

The younger members of our group went to the Utopia bar a few nights, they had a great time, the staff in there are crazy. The younger members in our group would highly recommend you visit the bar if you are looking for a crazy night out. The bar comes complete with a dressing up box for adults and the photos i have seen of what they got up to look great.

I do hope that i have helped an not put you off going to this hotel, hopefully our dislikes were due to the time of year and not the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kazemporium
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in May. I went on a B&B basis. However when i booked to go back to Zante this year, i found out that the hotel no longer books B&B but is now infact an AI hotel!

So i have booked into another hotel... I would definitly reccomend this hotel! And being a travel agent i have done so! If it wernt for the fact that it was now AI i would definitly return but we like to taste the local food!

It was in a fantastic location, right on the beach, minutes to the shops, bars & restaurants!

FANTASTIC

• Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank Rachel_TCook
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Absolutely stunning hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially the receptionist who doubled as a first aider for me when i was badly bitten by the dreaded mosquitos! Excellent rooms, very clean and spacious.Bedding and sheets changed daily by very friendly maidsBar and restaurant facilities also excellent. Waiters very friendly and great sense of humour. There were 22 in our party on the first night we were there and they pushed the tables together so we could all sit together. The bar across the road (Dimitris) also highly recommended. Local restaurants very cheap with excellent food. (Romeos even do good old liver and onions!Best holiday we have had for years and would definately go again. Recommended for any age group as all ages there same time as us and all enjoyed it immensely. The only drawback was having to drive from Bath to Gatwick as four of us couldnt get flights from Bristol! No problems at Zante airport going home. Only queued for 20 minutes! Thank you Tsilivi Beach Hotel for a wicked holiday..

Stayed: September 2007
5  Thank OllieBath
Reviewed October 14, 2007

Stayed here on the 22/05/05 with my father we had two doulbe rooms with sea veiws as anyone will know taking you father or mother away is not easy and finding a hotel that will even consider two seperate rooms let alone at such great pricers this was a great choice, the rooms were very clean and pleanty of room, my father who was 77 at the time found the rooms very easy to use along with the small but useable lift, as it as direct acess to the beach which was very clean and only a short walk to the sea there is lots of lovley walks from the beach and pool this meant I could leave my father alone while i went shopping or walking etc. we only ate at the hotel once but found the food very tasty and good price.They also had a greek night which was quite pleasent, just alittle walk u the hill you will come to the main resort with loads of great placers to eat. we eat at differnet one every night & I purcashed fresh made bagets for the beach every day. The location was also in easy reach of the booking office for booking daily tours we took 3 and all was great value for money. The hotel is near enough to all the fun but far enough away so you can have a peacefull time if you wish. We did have breakfast but was not very impressed is was very evry basic so we ate out 4 mornings. The staff are all very helpfull and advised us on the best trips to take to suite my dad as he is not so steady on his 77 year old feet. We would stay here again. We did not book a transfee instead just took a taxi from the air port think its cost 12euros and the hotel booked one for us on our return day both trips where easy with no problems.
You wont find any better than this if you want clean rooms on the beach big pool friendly staff & locals pleanty shops cafes & drinking holes it will suite young and old,
We took the horse & cart trip on the last day and found out we had only seen half the resort but half we saw was great.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled with family
4  Thank flufffy
Reviewed October 6, 2007

The Tsilvii Beach Hotel is set in a perfect location. Two minute walk to the beach and close to all amenities.

The downside was that we were woken each morning at about 7.30am - 8.00am by really loud banging noises. Never found out if it was the maids or what. Also the two weeks we were there we only had the sheets changed once. We came back once and thought they had changed them but when I looked closely they had just turned them over as I found my makeup on one!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple