“Zante Paradise”
Review of Zante Star

Zante Star
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to the Zante Star and can honestly say it still remains the BEST hotel apartments that I have ever had the pleasure to stay in on any beach holiday (and I've had plenty!)

I never normally visit the same place more than once as there is a big, wide world out there to explore but I know that I will be back to stay here at least once a year in the future as it is wonderful.

Lovely clean rooms, amazing views, great food and the biggest selling points are the wonderful staff - Eirini and Helen are just so friendly and do an amazing job of running the hotel which in turn attracts lovely guests so we made some great friends on our holidays.
The pool area is impeccable and super relaxing - think swallows and butterflies swooping over the pool and being surrounded by olive trees - heaven!

The resort centre is a 15 minute walk away which is perfect - we had some lovely meals at Olive Tree, Premier and Trenta Nove - amongst many others but these are our personal favourites. We also had a beautiful meal at the taverna owned by Irina's boyfriend but I can't remember the name of it - Irina does the bar in the evening so you'll have to ask her ;)

People who go on holiday to moan, generally go through life moaning and will always find a fault with something but really you'd be seriously mad not to enjoy your time here - so relaxing, great location, fantastic people and it truly is a paradise in Zante!

Thank you girls for another amazing holiday! Yamas!

1  Thank AnnaIav
There are newer reviews for Zante Star

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just got back from a 2 week stay at the Zante Star Hotel. The hotel is very clean and you can tell that they care a lot about how comfortable their guests are. The food was very good and quite cheap, there was a large variety of meals on the menu, after a heavy night drinking we would have the Full English, which was the best I've had abroad before and just the right amount to keep you going through the day. Happy hour was probably our highlight as you got chatting to a lot of guests, who all turned out to be lovely, and obviously the friendly staff, Irena made our stay that little bit better. Pool is lovely and luckily there is enough sunbeds for everyone, as it is a big hotel, but we never had problems finding them even if we got out of bed at 1pm! Beach is a 5 minute walk and the closest supermarket is 2 minutes down the road. To get to the centre of Tsilivi it takes around 10-15 minutes to walk and is well lit and not a very busy road, so pretty safe. The self-catering facilities were just like anywhere else if not a bit better, they had a toaster, two hobs, a kettle and all the pots and pans and cutlery you needed, we only ate in once though except some days when we ate breakfast in. The room is spacious and kept very clean and always restocked with towels and toilet roll. There was wifi in the lobby, but it didn't quite stretch to the pool, but you don't go away to go on the internet anyway! But it is there if you need it. There was two pool tables and table football, think I have covered most things. I just got back yesterday and I already miss the hotel, it was brilliant. We will be back next year hopefully! Thanks so much to all the staff for giving us the best holiday!

1  Thank Mabel N
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I suggest that the guy from London purchases a mileometer! This hotel is a little bit out of town but that is one of it's many attractions (a nice quite, tranquil, idilic, location) - but it is NOT 1.5 miles from the main town (unless London guy found an alternative route that we never have)! He also needs to be more specific when mentioning the taxi fayre - does he mean £25 or €25? Either way, it's not really a great deal. And to complain that the hotel is 20KM (a whole 12 miles) from the airport is farcical - I can cycle that in less than an hour!! Saying that, the hotel is only about 9 miles from the airport - max 15km!!

Maybe London guy was just in a bad mood for 7 days?!! There are over 500 members on the Zante Star Facebook group - many of which are people who visit this hotel, year after year after year - surely we can't all be imaging how brilliant this place is. I class it as my home as the patrons are like family!

We have stayed at this hotel 14 times since 2002 and relish the walk into town at night, which takes about 10 minutes (maybe London guy is a slow walker and thinks it's further than it actually is)! We have a few drinks, a meal, then stroll back up the road to the welcoming reception of the wonderful staff at the Zante Star - I cannot think of anything better and I WISH I WAS STILL THERE NOW!! We have also booked to return on 8th June 2014.

We normally visit on our own as a couple, and meet up with friends from previous years but this year we took the whole family - 2 daughters with their partners and 5 grandchildren. Our ages ranged from 1 - 60 and each and every one of us enjoyed ourselves immensely - proving there is something there for everyone and all ages are made to feel welcome.

It's a shame London guy didn't enjoy his stay but I can assure you, he is the only 1 in over 500 people to complain. I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion - but we don't have to listen do we?!

Having visited the Greek Islands many times over the years (probably many more than London guy), I cannot compare any other holiday or hotel to this one - they didn't win Trip Advisor Award for nothing! The rooms and the whole complex has the highest cleanliness and attention to detail, it is more than just "simply greek" - it's well worth 5 STARS +

Yours sincerely,
Extremely, satisfied customer!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dutto D
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and well looked after, the staff are helpful and friendly and the hotel dog is adorable and cuddly however I found that the beds were somewhat uncomfortable and actually caused my neck to strain which meant spending most of the next day with an ice pack pressed to my neck, entertainment is fun and family friendly however the noise levels were over the top for anyone trying to sleep and seeing as the Greek night and games night go well into the early hours of the next day we found it to be a bit annoying. Reception offers free WiFi whoever this was temperamental at best for me and many other guests trying to connect. Within the rooms the kitchen area is useful for cooking in, all utensils were provided except for washing up liquid and sponge but this can be purchased from the supermarket (which is a 5 minute walk down the road) for 2 euros. Automatic bug repellents are provided in the rooms which is helpful however there is only one per room and you may require an additional, fans were available at a reasonable price from reception and worked well to ventilate the room. There is a fly screen on the balcony door which allows the doors to be left open for air however we found noise to be an issue with a confused rooster insisting on waking us up before sunrise. Over all I thought that our stay was lovely, while there are some minor imperfections the zante star is a great hotel and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank sandysky
Reviewed July 26, 2013

First visit to zante star, had a great relaxing holiday staff we're very friendly always a smile , rooms spotless, if its a relaxing holiday you want after working hard all year then zante star is the place, going back is definitely on the cards for me, it was heaven.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

just got back from 2 weeks in zante , and it was just as breathtaking as our first visit last year . the zante star cannot be faulted in anyway , spotlessly clean , good food and fantastic staff . you feel like you are staying with friends x the best restaurant is definitely the olive tree . fantastic food and wonderful atmosphere . brilliant staff x

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Truth is in the title. 5th year back with the family and will not be the last. All the girls are wonderful , cannot do enough for you . Rooms excellent, food excellent, pool excellent, location excellent, staff excellent,.If you are looking for the best hotel on Zante you have found it , do not look anywhere else ..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsilivi
Balcony Hotel
Zante Maris Hotel
Zante Maris Hotel
#8 of 51 in Tsilivi
Tui Sensimar Caravel Resort and Spa

Been to Zante Star? Share your experiences!