“First time in Greece, best experience, amazing holiday and quality hotel”
Review of Zante Star

Zante Star
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed March 30, 2013

In September 2012 my partner and myself wanted a cheap holiday, and a hotel that had great reviews, I was reluctant to go to Zante, due to the rep it has with young teenage group. So decided on Tsilivi. Then hunted for the hotel, and what a choice it was. 10/10
On arrival after the go-kart driver of the Greek coach drivers around them county roads lol, we arrived at the Zante star hotel. First impressions were very good, on the outside was spotless, all the paint was clean, the stairs to the reception were spotless.
Upon walking through the double glass doors into the reception the welcoming was really nice, it's a family run hotel, and the women behind the reception is one of the daughters of the owner. Along with the 4 other daughters running the hotel, they were always polite and generous. Also very patient in learning the language, whilst giving you a lil help teaching the easy words :-).
Once showed our room we settled in, and as I'm a cleaning nut, and watch loads of them rodgetrader programmes about dirty hotels etc. always go on the look out for a dirty room. However I can not fault this room, and I checked everything, under everything, and all the crevasses. The room was spotless, can not find any fault with it, as it was late when we arrived, we went to the bar and got some food, as it was roasting still at 11pm their time. Sat out in by the pool, as they has sliding doors so it was open planned between the bar and pool.
The food was amazing, great value and a lot of it :-) enough to feed 2 people per portion ( if you fancy a light lunch, which we did on a couple occasion when knew we were going to go out for the evening and have a massive dinner most of the nights).
The prices of the drink was good, and when ask for a rum, it was like a triple for a price of a single in England and the beer on tap was good, especially their house beer was 'Berlin' €2 a pint in a frozen pint glass.
The beds in the hotel was comfy and clean, each night I passed out straight away, and didn't even wake up with a bad back :-) so thumbs up for the mattresses.
The hotel is 5-10 mins walk from the beach, 5mins walk away from the local shop ( on the same road to the beach, and then 10-15 mins walk from the town, can get a taxi but there's no point really cos its cost bout 10€, plus after having a meal out you need to walk off them calories, the restaurants were great and food was amazing that we went to. You don't go aboard to eat English food, that's my Moto, want a taste of culture, part from the proud to be English slobs that give us a bad rep, I don't want to be around whilst on holiday lol.
The best Resturant in the town was called 'the olive tree' however get there early as they get busy.
As we arrived at night, couldn't really see how clean the hotel was round the pool area. On the Monday we woke up at 9,went to get breakfast and was amazing, saw the hotel cleaners clean every with such detail, on the main steps up to the hotel, cleaned each on by hand and in our room they even pulled out the fridge to clean behind it. The pool was so clean, and round the pool, tables chairs and deck chairs were all cleaned every day. Cannot express how clean this hotel was. Even though it was a 3*,I would give it a 4* on the cleanliness of the hotel.
One of the best holidays I have had and 1/2 of it was how happy we was by the hotel and how amazing the staff was towards every guest.
During our week we planned to do something every day, from scuba diving (eurodivers Tsilivi) such friendly people. To going on the pirate ship to see the ship wreck, to renting out a car ( didt this without going through olymic holiday, and got a better deal and much better car, euro aplha car rental) to drive to the monasteries, and small villages, to jet skiing at st Nicholas beach. Overall the holiday was amazing, loved every moment, love the driving and the scenery in Zante, plus going in mid sept get the good weather with out the mad rush of English on holiday :-).

Is a must stay, ,if planning on going to Tsilivi, S the other hotels in the area look poor quality and not pleasant to stay in. And the hotels that like 4/5* are further from the town or right in town where all the bars and restaurants are.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mattuk172

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Fantastic hotel, staff , pool and location. Agree with all the things that have been written in here. I have taken my boys aged 3 & 5 and then 4 & 6 and it was a perfect hotel for them and us. It is a small hotel which made it a perfect place for our holiday. All of the reviews say what wonderful people Erini, Helen, Toula and Anna are and they are, the perfect hosts, they cannot do anything more to make your stay more lovely.
Everyone says that most people are regular Zante Star returnees which would worry me when reading it as it could sound like they are a hit clicky but I have not found that as I have met the same and different people there on both years. Everyone loves Zante Star so we just rejoice in how much we love it. Do not hesitate to book it if you are a family with small children, teenagers, couples. There is no children's pool and there are a lot of steps so if that does not bother you it's Zante Star all the way. The food cooked in the hotel is delicious and the walk is perfect start to an evening and end of the evening, then a few drinks back at the hotel. Excellent holiday and can't wait for August 2013.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank charlotte34Midlands
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I first went to the zante star in 2011 and met some amzing friends there who I will keep for life. I had such a good time and enjoyed it so so so much. The rooms are cleaned everyday,it is a family run hotel so the staff are absolutely lovely and they seem to some how learn everyone by their name!
I then went back in 2012 and had just as much fun as I did the previous year with the high standard still there. I cannot wait to be going back this year with all the friends and my family who I met on the first year going.
if you want a fun, relaxing, enjoyable holiday to meet new people and have fun, then this is the place to go.
Literally some of the best times in my life :)
Also, if your loking for a good day out, go on the captain spiros boat trip. the best one going and really fun for all age groups (thats the truth. one of my friends had to sit on a box because there wasnt enough seats on another boat trip!)

Room Tip: There all lovely!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sophie R
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Really enjoyed my holiday at the Zante Star, the resort Tsivili was lovely and I would definitely visit both the hotel and resort again. The hotel is very clean and the staff and visiters are all very friendly and make you feel really welcome. The apartments are very well equipped for Greece - bottle opener, tea towel, plates, pots, pans etc. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom - not very powerful but it worked fine for me and saved me from packing mine and using the very small luggage allowance.

We used hertz from the airport for our car hire, we had the car for a week, but I recommend only a few days as you can visit everything in a few days. Also, if you hire a car from the airport and arrive in darkness, the sign are really hard to make out so please be mindful of this.

The sea at Tsivili was like a millpond, really calm and great for kids. There is a small patch of stone/rocks when you first enter but you can easily swim over these to a bed of sand and the water is shallow, the beach was lovely too.

We ate at a few restaurants:
Olive Tree - best restaurant in Tsivili - food was unbelievable and the wine was lovely too
Sweet Revenge - Bad meals, too much garlic and the risotto was tasteless
Balcony - Beautiful views and the food was good (not amazing but good)

Only cons we have with the hotel is the beds were uncomfortable, only twin beds. When you are a couple having a romanitc week away its not ideal as there is big gap in between them that can't be made smaller when pushed together because of the way the beds are made.

The wine in the hotel wasn't very good - in my opinion.

Air conditioning should be included in the rate and not a separate charge.

Can't fault anything else - would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sunseeker222
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We got this hotel off trip advisor and we were glad we looked. The staff were lovely and where always there to help if something went wrong. The cleaners were fantastic, everything was spotless. They made it an attractive place to go. Despite all this, there were some bad points.
On a scorching tuesday morning all we wanted to do was sit by the swimming pool on the sunbeds and relax however, people had got up early to put a towel on a sunbed to ensure they had somewhere to relax any time they wanted. Therefore we had to walk 5 minutes to the beach and stay there all day. Lots of the people had been before and made us feel like they had a club that we didn't belong too.
On a Wednesday evening they had a pool tornament for the adults and had a tornumant for kids the next morning. The prizes were great. The town was 10 minutes away. They had some great restuarents but the vegetarian was all the same in every restrant. All in all a great hotel and would certainly go there again.
Luis

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank jillybacon
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, good location great pool area all round nice apartments and would go back to this hotel if I returned to Zante! The hotel is in a good lactation to explore the island, would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Squiff72
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just returned from Zante Star after a 2 week holiday here with my wife. Was greeted with a hug from Eirini Helen and Toula on our arrival. After 2 days we paid extra and upgraded to the larger room above the bar and reception. Excellent. We had a couple of days rain and bad storms but this didn't spoil anything as we just stayed in the bar area. A short walk into tsilivi where we found good restaurants although some were closed the second week as its the end of the season. The staff at Zante star are excellent, cleaners always had a smile and the lovely Anna at the bar was fantastic. We stayed in a 5 star hotel in Cyprus in September which cost more than 3 times what we paid for Zante star but wasn't as good as here. It's not what you pay that makes a holiday, it's the people and level of friendliness that counts and we are planning to return to Zante star next year. Well deserves the trip adviser award which is proudly displayed in reception.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrianEastGrinstead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsilivi
5 mi away
#2 of 51 in Tsilivi
Zante Maris Hotel
Zante Maris Hotel
#7 of 51 in Tsilivi

Been to Zante Star? Share your experiences!