“Basic apartments in a very good position”
Review of Georgia Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tsilivi
Georgia Apartments
Ranked #13 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Tsilivi
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We did not pay a lot for our holiday so these apartments were fine for us, central to the bars and restaurants and about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach. They were very clean with a change of bedding and towels half way through the week. The 2 ring cooker is what we expect in Greek apartments but with so many nice restaurants we only used it to boil eggs for breakfast. The pool looked fine. There were plenty of sunbeds but they did take up all the space there was. We did not use it because we prefer the beach. As for the rep, we did not meet her either but since we did not go to the welcome meeting or go to ask her for information this was hardly her fault. She did visit the apartments regularly for those people who wanted her service. We had no quarrel with being given a questionnaire to comment on the holiday. We were also fortunate that there were no families from hell staying at the same time as us. There is air conditioning available at an extra cost and with the heat in Greece in July this is well worth investing in, it also cuts down on the night time sounds as you have to keep your windows closed. If the price was right I would not hesitate to go back. The Olive tree restaurant across the road is worth a visit too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from a great holiday....... Our apartment was basic but clean, we did have to ask for cutlery but so what , they brought us some immediately . The only negative that could be improved is that they need to supply a toaster. The beds were rather hard but nothing would beat your own bed so get tough. The staff are very lovely and are very helpful. The food we had seemed fine but to go to Tsilivi you need to try other restaurants anyway..... the food generally everywhere is great. There were noisy dogs barking through the night but not just residents of Georgia Apartments would have heard them. The pool was great not overcrowded and immaculately clean. Our balcony was not overlooking the pool but lemon and olive trees, the view was beautiful. Even though air conditioning is charged extra and so is the safe there are a must. The weather was fantastic but sometimes too hot especially mid day and when trying to sleep at night, so air conditioning was a gem . We recommend you get it!! Great location for shops taverns, bars and restaurants , only very short walk to beach area. All in all a great holiday and we will defiantly return on our experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Mich1962
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just returned from our 5th holiday to Tsilivi, but the first stay in the Georgia Apartments. I hand-picked these apartments because I knew exactly where they were and the position of them is A1 - I also assumed we would get to sleep when we came back at night, To the most part this was true although we did not return until 2.00 a.m. so I expect we missed the loud music reported in earlier reviews. The pool looked lovely but quite crowded but we never dipped our toes in it because we have friends who own the Cosmopolitan Apartments and Paradise Bar who insisted that we spent all our time there with them, which had been our intention all along. I am so very happy that this was the case as half way through the first week the FAMILY FROM HELL landed! I have never heard such a load of gob-shites in my life. As reported earlier from a guy called Stewart, the incessant shouting, drunken laughter and arguing with other holiday makers was a nightmare from morning till night but we were out most of the time so we only caught the tail end of it at tea-time whilst getting ready to go back out! Thankfully by the time we returned to sleep they must have drank themselves into oblivion! and crashed out. The room we had was magnificent ... it was a 2 bedroom apartment and the rooms were huge. The balcony was very private with a sea view and we could not have asked for anything better. The self-catering facilities were a little limited but I don't go on holiday to cook thank you - I can do that the other 50 weeks of the year! but I do think the Apartment owners (not just Georgia but all of them) are in co-hoots with the Restaraunt owners to force you out to eat but that's what we do anyway so that was fine. The rooms are kept lovely and clean but I did nearly have to wrestle for clean towels and ended up getting my own from the Cleaners cupboard when she left it open on day! I hid a pile in the bottom of the wardrobe, including my towel-lifting session they were only changed 3 times in 2 weeks which is not enough for a family of 4! We had breakfast here on 2 or 3 mornings but to be entirely honest it was nice but sparce! I have a huge husband and two teenage boys so you can imaging! As for the Rep, Lauren I think her name was ... never laid eyes on her and she had the cheek to put a Questionnaire under the door asking us to tick all the excellent boxes!!! I don't think so, so this was promptly filed in the bin! The barking of the dogs which some people have mentioned comes from the yellow residential apartments at the side so I don't suppose there is anything much the owners of the Georgia can do .... I did suggest a silver bullet but they didn't take me up on the suggestion! The other thing which annoyed me was the quacking of a 'ghost' duck which I assume lived on the little small holding at the back of the Apartments but is never seen. All in all, don't let this put you off! The apartments are great (a bit smelly - forgot to mention that) but we had an amazing time and will stay again the next time we come. I would also recommend them to family and friends! Dog and duck owners especially!

Room Tip: Room 26 - 3rd floor - sea view and very private brick balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey B
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just returned from a two week holiday in the Georgia Apartments Tsilivi, I must say the apartments are basic, but most in greece are, they are very clean and the people running it from the cleaning staff and bar staff are very friendly, yes as another review mentioned you can hear dogs barking, but I wouldnt let this put you off staying here. We had a room on the top floor, it had a large balcony and a sea view. I would reccomend them to my friends and family. and would not hesitate in returning. Yes you do have to pay extra for air con and the hire of a safe but this is the case in most apartments. The location is very good right in between many restaurants and bars but the rooms remain very quiet.

Room Tip: Our room was number 34 on the top floor at the very end. It had a large balcony and a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susie186337
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I arrived to these apartments in July got keys for room after the owner trying to squeeze money out of me for air con and safety boxes would of cost 65 euros but i refused be you expect that from the owners so i went into my room very basic but i expected it for the price i paid but what i didn't expect was for 5 dogs yes 5 dogs to be barking from dusk till dawn it was so loud as though they was in my room and that was on one side and on the other side the balcony side music playing from 10am till early hours i was out my room most the time but dreaded going back to my room as when i approached the apartments i heard the dogs barking i told the owners about it and guess what just laughed and did nothing its though i had no right to complain i even tried putting head phones on but still heard the dogs barking so if anyone has booked these apartments please try and change it as you will not sleep a wink at all.

Room Tip: no room is quiet in these apartments as the Dogs are very loud
Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Jon C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

These apartments have huge potential due to the location and the excellent staff. Unfortunately, due to penny pinching by the owners and their reluctance to deal with loutish behaviour of some of the clientele, it will never reach its full potential. We booked two weeks self-catering here due to the very reasonable price, despite some bad reviews, which you will always get and we have found groundless when booking other holidays. However, our experiences echo that of previous negative reviewers. Our first bad experience came almost immediately we entered the apartment. I placed our toiletries on the windowsill in the shower room which my partner decided was the wrong place for them. When she came to move them, the unrestrained window, which drops downward, opened, narrowly missing her head/face. If the window had hit her it would have caused serious injury. I immediately went down and reported this to the management and was told that they would fix this at the earliest opportunity. My conversation was overheard by another customer, who informed me that the previous occupants had also complained of this. It was repaired four days later.

The object of specifying self-catering is that you can cater for yourself if you wish, thereby saving on the not inconsiderable cost of eating out all the time. The management, either through design or simply through the aforementioned penny pinching, make this option very difficult due to the lack of equipment. We attempted to boil some eggs on the ancient two ringed portable electric cooker which we found under the sink. Whilst we were waiting for the eggs we retired to the lovely balcony to enjoy a glass of wine. We heard a loud bang, which my partner assumed was one of the eggs exploding. I went to investigate and found that the eggs were OK but that the cooker and lights in the apartment were not working. Upon checking the fuse box, I found that one of the circuit breakers had tripped and switched it back to no effect. I asked next door if their electric was also off and they confirmed this. Another trip to the management! The guy went to the main switch board on the landing, flicked a switch and normal service was resumed. A couple of days later I attempted to cook some spaghetti, but when I plugged in the cooker a shower of sparks came out of the plug and once again the entire floor was without power. Yet another trip to the management! The rings were replaced and we continued our cooking.

All this does sound depressing but in reality it wasn’t so bad. The plus points are that the apartments are situated in a perfect place, right In the middle of the town. The pool area is wonderful, spotlessly clean and regularly cleaned by the staff. The rooms, like the pool are spotless, cleaned every day, with sheets and towels replaced every two to three days. The pool bar is very reasonably priced, both for the food and the drinks. The staff are wonderful and are eager to please everybody and although the rooms are basic and could do with some TLC, for the price we paid we got what we paid for. My advice is to go out and explore the lovely town of Tsilivi and if possible, hire a care and discover the beautiful island of Zakynthos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the pool and bar area. You might get a good nights sleep then.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

well we booked a cheap holiday and got a poolside room along with very loud music and patrons. the website stated the rooms were off the main track but located far enough back to ensure peace, that would be the case but the barman/owner chose to play music ridiculously loud through to 2 in the morning even when there was no one in the bar! the showers are built for children and every time you use them the floor gets soaked. you can't fault the cleaner's however the cooking facilities are a joke. we had a few plates and 1 fork? the 2 ring hob is plug in and is so old it has been painted so its a game to see whether its hot or cold. The smell from tge drains as you open the door to the apartment is disgusting. the whole place was constantly loud and the balcony/terrace overlooking the bar on the groundfloor offer no privacy. I had read some reviews and was optimistic, if you want a loud and invasive experience this is the place to go. the 50 € rip off for air conditioning and 15 € for a safe box are a joke. in conclusion th holiday company misrepresent the apartments. don't come here if you want a peaceful place to self cater.

• Stayed: July 2013