Just back from a week at this hotel and we would happily return in the future.
Check in was quick and our bags were taken down to our bungalow in the Greek village section of the hotel.
Our room was clean and tidy and all though the bedroom was slightly dated the bathroom was new. Rooms were cleaned daily. The Greek village is a good walk to the main hotel complex and about a 10 min walk to the beach. The hotel is basically situated on a hill side so lots of steps are involved. Personally we didn't mind the walking but if you are not good with steps I'd ask for a room in the main hotel building. The hotel does have lifts but the are small, slow and broke down once or twice during our stay. Was quicker to use the steps.
The food choice and quality was excellent. The staff in the restaurant worked hard. I personally don't know how anyone could complain about the food in this hotel. The Italian restaurant is good and Greek restaurant was ok. Nice to have waiter service but the food in the Greek restaurant is basically the same as in the main restaurant just presented better.
We spent most of our time on the beach and never had a problem getting sunbeds. The two pools are clean and again no problem getting beds unless you want a prime location and then you would maybe have to get up early to bag a bed. I did notice people putting towels down at 11.30pm one evening but still no problems getting one in the morning. The wasps are a pain but if you ignore them they don't bother you that much.
The drinks were good and the beer is drinkable. I've been to other all inclusive hotels were the drinks quality was very poor but again no problems here.
Yes the entertainment is in French..... it's set up for the French..... that's what all the reviews say so I don't know why you would be so shocked by this? The hotel/food must be good if the French will grace it's steps! Everybody still speaks English its's just 80% of the hotel's guest are French so why would the entertainment be in English? If you want English 24/7 I'd go to Cornwall. This is Greece. Its a foreign country!
Anyway we had a great week relaxing by the beach and we will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private beach, Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa 4* is situated amphitheatrically on a hill among olive and pine trees near Nissaki Village. It offers 2 outdoor pools, gym, spa and wellness centre. The modernly decorated rooms, suites and village rooms in the gardens at Sunshine Corfu Hotel include satellite TV, mini fridge and safe. Each is air-conditioned and has a balcony or terrace, most with panoramic views overlooking the Ionian Sea. Sunshine Corfu features a buffet restaurant, and two la carte restaurants which serve Greek and Italian Cuisine. A bar, pool bar and snack bar. All meals, as well as selected beverages are complimentary. The Spa offers facial and body treatments. It includes a steam bath, hot tub and sauna. Massages are also available.The spa is offered as non inclusive in price. A paddling pool, playground and kid's club are accessible to the younger guests. The town of Corfu is a 30-minute drive away. Corfu airport approx 40 minutes drive. Private on-site parking is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Corfu Hotel Nissaki
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel Corfu
- Sunshine Vacation Resort Corfu
- Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa Nissaki