“View to a kill” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Nissaki
Birmingham, England
“View to a kill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived at 9.30pm and at reception was told not too worry about checking in but to go straight to the restaurant and eat which we thought was a really nice touch.

Right from the very start the staff at this hotel were so helpful and although many of the staff were trainees, they were so helpful and friendly.

Our friends had an issue with ants which was dealt with straight away and we had a table and chairs delivered to our room the following day.

The location is superb if you want a sun and sand holiday but it is a little icolated for walking at night. There is a lovely harbour a couple of miles away.

Food is a little average but plenty of it and the Italian is very nice.

The entertainment is run by a French company but the staff are very friendly and do get everyone involved. Must say I liked the archery.

All in all a really nice hotel with stunning views across to Corfu bay and I have to say we had a power shower in our bungalow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1152man

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Craiova, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

That's because of all the troubles we've encountered.

BAD THINGS:

- very old furniture (which doesn't open easily!), old door security system with a simple key, old safe with 2 keys (so you have to carry around a lot of keys with you!)

- no WiFi, not even in the lobby. If you want internet for your laptop/mac/tablet etc you need to buy a card from the reception for 1 day (15 euro) or 3 days (30 euro). The internet worked ok only in the lobby, and not also in the room as I was told.

- we booked a simple room on the same floor, we were given a duplex with stairs where it was cold like hell during the night. Luckly we were moved the next day.

- a lot of dirt & dust in the rooms, we even found a dead bug on the stairs (not to mention that the white tiles and ceiling give the impression of a hospital). Our shower was also broken, and sometimes when we used it made quite some noise.

- no clothing dryer in the balcony, so you have to dry your clothing on the chairs/table that you can find there.

- in the bathroom you receive only a shower gel, and nothing else.

- the cherry on top of the cake: we found a glove finger in my wife's salad in the italian restaurant!

- if you want to go to the sea you have to use 3 elevators and go down 10 floors - or take the stairs if you want! :)

- some days we had a terrible smell coming to our balcony/inside the hotel (we were told that it's not from them, but from the sea - I have my doubts on that).

GOOD THINGS:

- nice sea view

- their PR manager (Anna) and front office assistant (Petros) did their best to make our stay better.

OK THINGS:

- food was ok in general.

- animation did have interesting activities, but their problem is this: the hotel has only 2 animators which do just a small part of the activities, while the big part is done by a team of french animators (5-6 persons). So if you don't know french, it will be harder for you to enjoy their activities.

Room Tip: Restaurant is on floor 2, while the 2 pools/sea are on floors 8 (relaxing pool), 9 (entertainment po...
2 Thank Razvan M

Travelers are raving about these Nissaki hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Thank you for another fabulous holiday at Sunshine Corfu. My wife and I are really glad that we decided to return to this hotel for the second year, after enjoying a fantastic holiday last year. Managers Anna and Lesley made us feel very welcome and really looked after us throughout the holiday. As last year, we stayed in one of the luxurious Suite rooms on the 8th floor with private terrace and direct access to the lovely pool. This cost around 30% more but was well worth it for the large luxurious room, and the lovely private terrace with quality wooden furniture, large sun shade and attractive flower filled terracotta pots. This year’s animation team was also excellent and again very French orientated (although most things were also translated into English). The evening shows were excellent and did not repeat during the 2 week stay, except for the ‘Greek night’ on a Wednesday which is excellent and not to be missed. Animators Anji, Eimy, Miky, Selenia & Fabio and Mika were particularly friendly and I enjoyed many archery and petanque sessions with them. The kayaking is still free and is great fun. We got as far as the Nissaki Beach Hotel this time which I think is further than you are supposed to go. This year we also hired a motorboat for the day from the next bay (Nissaki) after exploring there via the footpath from the beach (you have to follow the walls around the private house). I would love to return again one day, but next year may try Sunshine Crete for a change.

Room Tip: The hotel has a small number (about 19) luxurious Suite rooms on the 8th floor with private terrace...
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I arrived at Sunshine on 13th June 2013. My arrival wasn’t a pleasant experience.
I booked this holiday as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday so we actually flew out on he’s birthday morning.
As I knew that we would land into Corfu at 5pm and arrive at the hotel around 7pm I contacted the hotel to see if there was anything special that they could do considering it was my boyfriend’s birthday and we would have been travelling for most of the day.
The hotel manager (Anna) came back to me and she said that she would book us both in at their Greek Tavana for 8pm on the day of arrival with a complementary bottle of Champagne to celebrate. I must state that the hotel has 3 restaurants, the everyday buffet restaurant, the Greek Tavana and Italian. You can only visit the Greek and Italian once during your stay and you have to book the day before.
I thought her suggestion sounded like the perfect evening to celebrate. I asked her if I would need to confirm this upon check in and she said not to worry as she has arranged this.
Well on arrival I thought the hotel looked lovely and the views from Reception were amazing. We checked in quickly but I thought that I should ask about our Greek booking just to be on the safe side. I was then told that there was no booking made and that they were fully booked. I was not impressed so asked to speak to Anna, she came out apologised and offered us the table the following day. I wasn’t happy with this as it was he’s birthday the day that we arrived. She managed to book us in for our arrival evening at 8.30pm and again promised us the complementary bottle of champs.
We were then taken to our Bungalow and oh my god if you don’t like bugs and lizards then I recommend that you stay in the main hotel.
They call it the forest and apart from the beautiful views that’s what it was! When I walked into the room I was hugely disappointed. The room was very dark and the bathroom was very outdated and looked like it needed a refurb. I stepped onto the balcony to find 1 chair and no table when all other balconies had a table and 2 chairs. After a long day I couldn’t wait to shower but when I stepped into the bathroom the bath was very dirty and there were a lot of hairs around the bath. I refused to shower so my boyfriend called reception and asked to speak to Anna. He asked if we could be moved as the room was dirty and her answer was not for that reason no. Anyway I dusted it all under the carpet as didn’t want to ruin the day so I got the babywipes out got changed and went for dinner as planned. I didn’t even want to unpack as did not plan on staying.
When we arrived at the Greek (which is the snack bar by day and nothing amazing) we saw Anna standing outside. She asked if everything was ok and I said no not really there are hairs all around the bath and I said I don’t think the bathroom has been cleaned. She apologised and sent someone to clean it whilst we were at dinner and when we arrived back that evening it was actually a lot cleaner and I was able to have a shower. The meal at the Greek wasn’t that great. And guess what… we did not receive our bottle of champagne at all. It wasn’t even mentioned to us!!!!
We did ask again if we could be moved to the main hotel on our 2nd day but they were fully booked so they say! We had to take a small table and an extra chair our self from the pool area and take it to your balcony to enable us to sit outside and enjoy the views.
The maids did continue to clean our room daily though and leave clean towels even on a sunday.
Giving the not so great arrival we did manage to have a lovely time. The weather was lovely and a holiday is what you make it at the end of the day.
The food was ok, the usual stuff that you expect on an all inclusive holiday and we ate so much! The entertainment was awful. Did not entertain us at all. The animation team were French so the hotel population was mostly French too and I must say they are not the happiest of people!
Not much in the area if you want to go out and explore or go to bars or restaurants. As mentioned previously there is a pathway to the right of the beach which leads you to the lovely little tavana on the beach, we done it twice and spent a few relaxing hours there sitting by the sea. Its quite a scary walk along the coast line though I must admit but was worth it.
We went into Corfu Town one night which was different. We took the bus from outside the hotel which was 2 euros 20 cents each. Bus ride is about 30 minutes.
We took a taxi back which cost 35 euros and I thought that was quite expensive. It took about 20 minutes by taxi.
We booked a boat trip to Kassiopi through the hotel and I highly recommend it. That was 30 euro each and I must say that was the highlight of my holiday. Kassiopi is a very pretty place and if I was to go back to Corfu I would stay there. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to any of my friends. Please also be aware that there are many steps around the entire location so not suitable for all. I did not use the Spa but looked nice from the photos.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel.
3 Thank Gemma M
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a great two week holiday here, we had booked a Garden view room and got a fantastic sea view room with distant views over the clear blue water bay to Corfu town. We worked out that with the layout of the hotel, even garden view rooms would have some sort of sea view. The hotel is built on the side of a hill over some seven floors so if you want to walk you have lots of stairs to manage. However there are several lifts that service the rooms, pools ( there are two, one large with lots of activity and one slightly smaller but quieter) and the beach. The beach is small but clean and well managed. There are small stones on most of the beach and a small area of sand only. The sea itself is clean and very blue with plenty of fish to see whilst snorkelling.
The hotel itself is clearly very well run, the staff in the restaurants work tirelessly to keep everything clean and efficient. The service is all buffet style with extended hours so we never had a problem finding food when required, the staff worked so quickly to clear tables that sometimes they even took your plate prior to finishing! The food was not excellent but I would rate as good, after the qui rat week there was some repetition but nothing that bothered us. Greeks serve their food warm (I've seen this comment on other reviews) but this is part of the experience, don't expect anything to be too hot to eat.
The hotel itself is probably three star but we rate it highly as a holiday base, the location is a little isolated, don't expect to be able to walk out to any local bars or night life. There is plenty to do through the day and night with the following available free of charge; tennis, table tennis, canoeing, petang, archery, volleyball etc. at night the largely French staff run entertainment that we both thoroughly enjoyed. With little to do outside the hotel we found ourselves staying in the hotel at night, this was not an issue due to the large seating areas and the entertainment.
Given the hotel size it was good a that we never had a problem with finding a sun lounger or some seats in the shade, there are plenty available.
We hired a small car at reasonable cost from the holiday rep in the second week and explored the northern part of the island, we discovered that the west has the best beaches. Driving was easy on the largely single carriageway roads, even in the town we had no issues with parking readily available. With the hotel being around 40 minutes from Corfu town the car gave us more flexibility to get out and see the sites, the forts are definitely worth a trip but don't expect lots on museum style information.
I took the opportunity to spend three days on Nisaki beach learning to scuba dive, the centre there was good with one on one tuition and the sea was superbly clear with a largely sand floor. A great place to learn.
Lastly, the weather was excellent in mid June, we had one day of thunder storm which kept us inside for a short time but otherwise it was around 28 degrees every day with clear blue skies.

Room Tip: Don't worry to much, most rooms have an excellent outlook
1 Thank Jef123456789
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Undoubtedly the best feature of this hotel is the view, a 180 deg seascape panorama, looking north across to Albania, west to the Greek mainland and south to Corfu town and all resorts from there to Ipsos. Simply stunning.
The hotel is built into a steep hillside which means plenty of steps and a climb up from the beach, best to use the lifts! On the subject of the lifts they are quite small and sometimes you will
need to queue for them. First impressions of accomodation were a bit basic and in need of an update but we did get quite used to it and overall were well satisified.
Food and drink was plentiful and enough variety for our 1 week stay. Staff were good and helpful
(other than 1 miserable barman) and enough entertainment although with a heavy French influence. Majority of guests were also French.
You will certainly need to get out a few times to realise you are actually in Greece. There is quite a climb up to the road to catch a bus. We tended to use taxis, which came down to reception, a bit of an expense (15 eu to Ipsos, 30 to Kassiopi and Corfu town), but well worth it.
The highlight was a day excusion to Albania, 30 mins by hydrofoil from Corfu town to Saranda. Lunch included plus a trip to an ancient site and then up into mountains to the Blue Eye Spring,
In total approx 60 eu.
Very enjoyable stay, perhaps not the most suitable for the infirm, but a great spot to chill out.

Room Tip: Check out the junior suites, much better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MartinP90
manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for a week ,late arrival so food was left for us a stale sandwich ,the food in the resturant was just warm never hot and not much variety,the room was nice but outside in the corridor was a leaking ceiling with back constant drip and smelt very musty did report it but no one bothered ,.
The italian night was the best food of the week .
As for the guests who were mostly French ,what a load of rude people I tried several times to say good morning and just got ignored .The restaurant staff were very friendly but as for the rest they were only interested in the French guests and no one else
Corfu is a lovely island which I will visit again but won't be staying at the sunshine vacation again, if your no it French don't bother going .
The rooms were only brushed never cleaned thoroughly and we had no info in the room about the hotel .

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank valleymanchester
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nissaki
Aeolos Beach Resort
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
#1 of 4 in Lefkimi
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,246 reviews

Been to Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!