“Fantastic Food and Hospitality”
Review of Dennis Taverna

Dennis Taverna
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lithakia
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dennis Taverna in Lithakia Zakynthos (Zante) opened in 1976 and was one of the first tavernas to operate on the island. Since then, Dennis has retained its authentic character in combination to high standards of service. The place has over the years become a well-known family restaurant where you can enjoy dishes from the Greek traditional cuisine, all prepared with fresh ingredients from the local market or often from the family's own garden. The genuine Greek hospitality and the always friendly staff will offer you a great gastronomic experience. Don't miss to try one of the many local wine choices!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is amazing. Not only does Dennis or his family come and pick you up at your hotel (out of season only I think) but it has amazing views and food. My friend and I had the best fresh swordfish that we have ever had.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I really should've written a review before as this was my 5th visit to Dennis' over the years that I've been coming to Zante.

Firstly, they'll pick you up and drop you off wherever you're staying free of charge which is superb. It's nice to head a little bit uphill for a nice view and a relaxed ambience away from the laganas and kalamaki strips.

The menu isn't overwhelmingly huge like it can be in some places, and there are a nice selection of specials (which have differed amongst my various visits). Whilst I didn't have it myself, the lamb in the oven special a lot of diners were having looked great. I had my usual pork chop which doesn't seem particularly exciting, but its huge and cooked to perfection so I would recommend it for the carnivores out there.

I think this place is a must if you're coming to Zante.

1  Thank JamesStanza
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We dined here recently on the recommendation of Mike and Gilly with whom we were staying in the village. Great friendly service and superb food. We especially liked prawn saganaki with giant shell on prawns. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My sister live's not far from Dennis Taverna and so have eaten there a few times. Great service and awesome food. Very clean and a great location. Also love the amount of bourbon they put in your glass !!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have been going to Zante for 20years plus and Dennis Taverna is the best on the island. Dennis Yannis and Maria are a lovely family and we spent most of our evenings with our Zante family the food is lovely yammas

1  Thank Karen W